Home

Ever had a player disappear?

This is a discussion on Ever had a player disappear? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Ever had a player disappear?

I decided to start a new CFM as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys. Don't worry, I'll GM too! In my first season, Dallas was off to a really hot start. They had won five of their first seven and appeared to be playoff bound. It was in week eight against Detroit that disaster struck. Tony Romo was having a career year but it would all be coming to an end when he took one hit too many. When Suh got past Livings in what seemed like a split second, he had Romo on the ground with a broken femur. The injury report came in, Romo was out for 46 weeks. This means he would miss the rest of the season and offseason.

Knowing my year was now done, I placed Romo and Lee on IR and simmed the rest of the season. Sure enough, we went 2-7 in our last nine games to finish the year 7-9. I was disappointed but happy about the story that would play out in my mind when Romo led the Cowboys the next year. But that is where the problem lies. The next season, Tony Romo was no longer on the roster. There was never anything in the news about him retiring due to injury. He wasn't a free agent obviously and he wasn't still on the injury report. By all accounts, Tony Romo had just vanished. Now my team is in trouble as I didn't think I needed to approach the Quarterback situation in Free Agency (Matt Ryan) or the draft (Something Garrett). Obviously in my head I can just say he retired due to injury and move on. It gives the Cowboys a new story and something to fresh to work with. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the possibility of another player disappearing.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Banned

KnowOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ever had a player disappear?

Weird I had Romo disappear in mine too. Maybe he retired?
Old 09-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Not on my own team in M25 (M13 yes) but it has happened to Vick in my latest CCM.

Maybe Romo became addicted to pain killers during his recovery and is now an out of shape bum.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Many users have experienced this issue. In mine Vick and Romo just disappeared. The didn't retire or get severely injured. They just vanished completely from the rosters and the legacy leaderboard. EA needs to fix this ASAP.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowOne
Weird I had Romo disappear in mine too. Maybe he retired?
It's certainly possible that he retired. But if he did, I never got a story about it. Given his stature on the team, that's a story that should have been in the News Feed. Twitter, All News or My News should have had some form of story about it but I never saw anything. And I checked it pretty thoroughly every week. It would have been nice to have known that before Free Agency and the Draft passed. Because I had multiple opportunities to grab a decent QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
Not on my own team in M25 (M13 yes) but it has happened to Vick in my latest CCM.

Maybe Romo became addicted to pain killers during his recovery and is now an out of shape bum.
Things just got dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdaprince
Many users have experienced this issue. In mine Vick and Romo just disappeared. The didn't retire or get severely injured. They just vanished completely from the rosters and the legacy leaderboard. EA needs to fix this ASAP.
Interesting that it's both Vick and Romo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Banned

KnowOne's Arena

OVR: 0

yes Vick in mine too..
Old 09-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

I remember seeing in another post about this that someone playing as the Saints had all three QB's vanish: Brees, McCown and Wallace.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

It happened last year too. I lost Kevin Williams after he signed an extension. Other owners in my CCM also lost players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »