Home

Super Attack 80 minute mode from Fifa 13 for entire game?

This is a discussion on Super Attack 80 minute mode from Fifa 13 for entire game? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Super Attack 80 minute mode from Fifa 13 for entire game?

Have played probably a total of 10 whole games, world class, 8 minutes, Orion's sliders with perhaps a number higher or lower here or there.

Thought I was on the right track for the most part as I played Spurs/Chelsea three or four times - good games, fair, felt like a lot of fun. had to work for scoring chances but didn't at all feel ripped off or cheated. Lost a few, won a few with a draw in there too.

Decided to start a career and things changed. I played my second friendly as Spurs against Real Betis. I didn't even get to attempt a shot during the game. The CPU was in 80 minute attack mode from Fifa 13 the entire game. I was lucky if I could get it past the center line. They are supposedly trying to reduce people hitting speed burst but what else are you supposed to do when players run twice as fast as everyone on your team and cover twice as much ground. It was ridiculous.

There were times during this particular game that I seriously thought my controller was broken. I would be running for a ball and my player would seriously slow down and start moving in a different direction, purposely avoiding the ball. I couldn't direct them to the ball itself. My players would back away from the ball or just stand there. Balls would magically fall off of their feet with just a simple basic dribble and end up going right to the CPU. One time, I had my CB make a simple ground pass across the field to my RB, who proceeded to completely whiff, trip, and let the ball go out of bounds, not even touching it.

The game ended up 0-0 with a total of one shot between the two teams and it was by far the worst FIFA game I have ever participated in. Please tell me that this was some sort of apparition or that my controller was indeed broken. I really thought I found a good set of settings and now I am just ticked off and frustrated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Super Attack 80 minute mode from Fifa 13 for entire game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_rmm
Have played probably a total of 10 whole games, world class, 8 minutes, Orion's sliders with perhaps a number higher or lower here or there.

Thought I was on the right track for the most part as I played Spurs/Chelsea three or four times - good games, fair, felt like a lot of fun. had to work for scoring chances but didn't at all feel ripped off or cheated. Lost a few, won a few with a draw in there too.

Decided to start a career and things changed. I played my second friendly as Spurs against Real Betis. I didn't even get to attempt a shot during the game. The CPU was in 80 minute attack mode from Fifa 13 the entire game. I was lucky if I could get it past the center line. They are supposedly trying to reduce people hitting speed burst but what else are you supposed to do when players run twice as fast as everyone on your team and cover twice as much ground. It was ridiculous.

There were times during this particular game that I seriously thought my controller was broken. I would be running for a ball and my player would seriously slow down and start moving in a different direction, purposely avoiding the ball. I couldn't direct them to the ball itself. My players would back away from the ball or just stand there. Balls would magically fall off of their feet with just a simple basic dribble and end up going right to the CPU. One time, I had my CB make a simple ground pass across the field to my RB, who proceeded to completely whiff, trip, and let the ball go out of bounds, not even touching it.

The game ended up 0-0 with a total of one shot between the two teams and it was by far the worst FIFA game I have ever participated in. Please tell me that this was some sort of apparition or that my controller was indeed broken. I really thought I found a good set of settings and now I am just ticked off and frustrated.
Doesn't sound fun, but what can you do? You have to play the next game and see how that one goes. Maybe it was a fluke, who knows. Let us know how the second one turns out.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_rmm

I've had numerous experiences like this. Turning down the difficulty below World Class makes every game a 7-0 squash in my favor, though. The AI in this year's career mode makes the AI from 13 seem really fair, to be honest.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

All of the games I've played in Career Mode(about 10 now) were like this. The computer just seems to have quicker cuts and hold the ball so well. There defending is ridiculously overpowered. The first few games the cpu was really just parking the bus and it was impossible to find any space. Now they are defending like that, but once they get the ball it is extremely hard to get it back as they pass and possess like Barca. This is a League 1 Career Mode with Sheffield United as well.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
All of the games I've played in Career Mode(about 10 now) were like this. The computer just seems to have quicker cuts and hold the ball so well. There defending is ridiculously overpowered. The first few games the cpu was really just parking the bus and it was impossible to find any space. Now they are defending like that, but once they get the ball it is extremely hard to get it back as they pass and possess like Barca. This is a League 1 Career Mode with Sheffield United as well.
Yeah, I'm very much pausing my FIFA '14 assessments until we can all sort out the difference in gameplay between friendlies and Career Mode fixtures.

As things stand now, I'm experiencing a very different thing between the two.

I started a career with Blackburn, WC difficulty, and some variation of Orion's sliders with 10 minute halves. It's utterly brutal thus far. The entire championship league plays like a late 80's Italian side. They're also converting what few chances they get with incredible success.

Harumph.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Playing a career with Club America on the PC version, world class and I'm struggling to get any offense. I've played 4 games in my season and have 4 pts. Probably average around 3-4 shots per game on 9 minutes. I finally had to put cpu marking to 45 and was able to get off 10 shots but still lost the game.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Playing a career with Club America on the PC version, world class and I'm struggling to get any offense. I've played 4 games in my season and have 4 pts. Probably average around 3-4 shots per game on 9 minutes. I finally had to put cpu marking to 45 and was able to get off 10 shots but still lost the game.
That's been just about precisely my experience as well.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

This has been a typical match for me and I'm definitely noting that the drudgery is on both sides. 10 minute halves, WC.

Blackburn - Watford

Total Shots (on target):
2 (1) - 3(1)

Possession:
51 - 49

Tackles:
30 - 15

Fouls:
0 - 1

Corners:
0 - 0

Shot Accuracy:
50% - 33%

Pass Accuracy:
79% - 87%

Overall, an incredibly dull game...like it hurt to be a part of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »