Home

Anyone else not care about Next-Gen Madden But Continue to care?

This is a discussion on Anyone else not care about Next-Gen Madden But Continue to care? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Anyone else not care about Next-Gen Madden But Continue to care?

Pulse check here:

Madden 25 (NG) is not on my pre-order list or day 1 digital download and I really don't anticipate that changing. I keep telling myself I don't care about Madden this year mainly because I don't think they addressed the immersion and presentation to make it a worthy purchase for me.

BUT that's not my point, I keep coming back here and I'm really anticipating this new info today. I really don't know why. Is there anyone else who keeps telling themselves they don't care about this years Madden (NG) but continue to flock here to get all the new info about it?

I guess to make this thread have some validity: If you do feel like this what is one thing they can reveal that immediately turns it into a purchase day one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #2
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else not care about Next-Gen Madden But Continue to care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Pulse check here:

Madden 25 (NG) is not on my pre-order list or day 1 digital download and I really don't anticipate that changing. I keep telling myself I don't care about Madden this year mainly because I don't think they addressed the immersion and presentation to make it a worthy purchase for me.

BUT that's not my point, I keep coming back here and I'm really anticipating this new info today. I really don't know why. Is there anyone else who keeps telling themselves they don't care about this years Madden (NG) but continue to flock here to get all the new info about it?

I guess to make this thread have some validity: If you do feel like this what is one thing they can reveal that immediately turns it into a purchase day one?
LOL What??

You're asking people if they don't care about Madden next-gen, but continue to care? To continue to care means you cared to begin with and if you find yourself coming back here frequently that means you do indeed care.

You may not care to buy a next gen console or game, but you do care about the info.

Anyways, the thing that makes it a day one purchase I think is the play in the trenches and the cuts/planting players make.

With play in the trenches, I want to see defensive linemen do more than the patty cake or throw their couterpart to the ground. I want to see consistent attempts at shoulder dips, a real bull rush move, the ability to just try and push the O linemen backwards, the ability to have a spin move that actually does something positive, and the ability to run by the Tackle if you're a very fast OLD/DE.

For the offensive linemen, I want to see more than simple locked in strafe stances. I want to see offensive linemen do everything it takes in their power to protect their QB and I do not want to see the animation where the offensive linemen has a hold of the defensive linemen then suddenly just loses him.

For example if a defensive linemen dips the shoulder, I want to see the offensive linemen try to push him past the QB or push him into the ground.

As for cuts and planting, they improved it a little bit with Madden 13 and 25, however we need to see more. I want to see players actually plant and cut with realistic motion and physics.

I'm tired of seeing a player's foot slide along the grass when he cuts. I'm tired of being able to see every player make cuts like they're Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice out there.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN EA PLEASE ALLOW RECEIVERS TO STRAFE!??!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Anyone else not care about Next-Gen Madden But Continue to care?

There is nothing EA could say that would make me purchase MaddenNG on day 1. I'll play current gen til next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Banned

dallas fan's Arena

OVR: 2

Well after seeing the teaser video the other day with AP I am very skeptical much will be different from current gen besides new graphics. I am eager to see if there is ANY hint of new features noticeable in todays reveal. That being said it will have to look considerably updated/more realistic than the hot mess they have released the past two years. I don't see it happening coming from EA and their track record. If they include the ability to watch CPU vs CPU games during offline career it may sway me to take a chance provided it plays decent enough.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Like it not this is the only american football experience on "NG". Day one purchase for me without hesitation. At worst is it = to CG (which i withheld from purchasing) with a bunch of new animations. At best it is much better than current gen with new animations. AI, and beefed up graphics.

Don't know much will be different from "CG" but i am excited about this news today...as long as EA actually releases the video as planned this time lol.

Last edited by dghustla; 09-30-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
There is nothing EA could say that would make me purchase MaddenNG on day 1. I'll play current gen til next year.
LOL truth be spoken! I'll need a demo and feature checklist before I purchase the NG madden and to the OP I understand what cha mean I won't be pre-ordering madden but I'm keeping an eye on it.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

This is the "h8er thread"...these are the folks who only care to criticize and will never be satisfied no matter what today's trailer and information will look like. Just my .02 but these folks are the people that will find a way or reason to criticize madden and next gen because they don't want to feel like they are missing something so the next best thing is to convince themselves that there are no meaningful differences with Next gen gaming. Then they will spend meaningless hours trying to pee on the early adopters cornflakes...Well...I don't care that you don't care and I'm sure most other next gen early adopters agree with me. If you rreally didn't care this thread would never exist.

News Flash: Trailers don't mean jack...as we won't be able to tell anything about the game until we play it...Graphics are so good on current gen that there will be little difference going forward unless you zoom in real close on the player models...and lets face it...nobody plays from those angles. The differences are in control, animation quality and environments.

Finally...Like the other poster said...YOU CARE from the git go so the name of this whole topic is a contradiction.

Last edited by dat swag; 09-30-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
This is the "h8er thread"...these are the folks who only care to criticize and will never be satisfied no matter what today's trailer and information will look like. Just my .02 but these folks are the people that will find a way or reason to criticize madden and next gen because they don't want to feel like they are missing something so the next best thing is to convince themselves that there are no meaningful differences with Next gen gaming. Then they will spend meaningless hours trying to pee on the early adopters cornflakes...Well...I don't care that you don't care and I'm sure most other next gen early adopters agree with me. If you rreally didn't care this thread would never exist.

News Flash: Trailers don't mean jack...as we won't be able to tell anything about the game until we play it...Graphics are so good on current gen that there will be little difference going forward unless you zoom in real close on the player models...and lets face it...nobody plays from those angles. The differences are in control, animation quality and environments.

Finally...Like the other poster said...YOU CARE from the git go so the name of this whole topic is a contradiction.
Love this post. calling out the ppl who are "passing" on Next Gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »