Home

MLB The Show 24-7 real life experience, Possible?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24-7 real life experience, Possible? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MLB The Show 24-7 real life experience, Possible?

Imagine living the life of a player on your favorite MLB Team in a Sims style experience. I've always thought if this could be done right it would be the way of the future of sports gaming. Wake up with the family, eat a pre game meal, nap, drive to the park for BP, interact in the clubhouse and then take the field. With the added memory of Next Gen can you imagine an experience that brings an in depth off the field experience to build upon the bond of the already incredible off field experience. Seeing A Rod alone in the back of the plane with his team mates playing poker on the plane while traveling back home. Do you think this is the way of the future of sports gaming???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 24-7 real life experience, Possible?

Don't forget about picking up the Slump Busters in Milwaukee.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl24
Imagine living the life of a player on your favorite MLB Team in a Sims style experience. I've always thought if this could be done right it would be the way of the future of sports gaming. Wake up with the family, eat a pre game meal, nap, drive to the park for BP, interact in the clubhouse and then take the field. With the added memory of Next Gen can you imagine an experience that brings an in depth off the field experience to build upon the bond of the already incredible off field experience. Seeing A Rod alone in the back of the plane with his team mates playing poker on the plane while traveling back home. Do you think this is the way of the future of sports gaming???
I think something like this would be too much to add to an already existing game, i think it would have to be it's own game, like if SCEA dedicated time into making a brand new game dedicated to only this, then i can see this happening, but i don't see it happening.

It would be cool though.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Virtually none of these things are a matter of needing more memory. They could all be done in some form on current gen tech. They are not in the game currently because of where they fall in development effort/disc space vs. how much people will play them and the effect on sales. Most of these things would not be made easier to develop on next gen and is something only a very small % would use regularly so I wouldn't hold my breath on this happening anytime soon.

All I want added outside of the regular games themselves is to have the player at the locker before each game picking accessories and such for the game, and the ability to go around the field doing different drills pre game. But even then I'm not expecting any such thing for the very same reasons as I mentioned before.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Your example sort of reminded me of how things are in GTA games but I think it would get old pretty quick for most. Sure it would be a nice new experience for a few times but I'd rather get into the action and play baseball games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

No thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 10-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Would be cool to add like seeing players get off bus, walking to the stadium or inside, getting ready as a pre-game presentation. I loved the show 09 or 10 when they would load with the view of the home stadiums from outside pre-game.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

I've always wondered about RTTS letting the first person view between innings be alot more controlled so we can choose our spots and actions in the dugout. However, not to the extent of a open-world 24-7 life of a baseball player even though that would be a revolutionary introduction to gaming. But my idea has always been to expand the 1st person view of RTTS during BP before games, dugout between innings, and even during ab's at the plate. I've always thought those were doable additions to that mode, and I think even moreso on the PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »