Home

Allen Crabbe...

This is a discussion on Allen Crabbe... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Allen Crabbe...

Most were shocked when he wasn't selected in the first round. His real life potential has yet to be realized, but on 2k.... man is he a glitch.

I bring him off the bench for Portland (refuse to play McCollum because of his injury). He comes in and scores from three like crazy...

For whatever reason it only takes two threes to get him "on fire."

After he hits those (which he usually does) then drive the paint and have a field day.

What doesn't make sense here is that he only has a 77 three rating, a 30 consistency?

YET THIS MAN IS UNSTOPPABLE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Allen Crabbe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Most were shocked when he wasn't selected in the first round. His real life potential has yet to be realized, but on 2k.... man is he a glitch.

I bring him off the bench for Portland (refuse to play McCollum because of his injury). He comes in and scores from three like crazy...

For whatever reason it only takes two threes to get him "on fire."

After he hits those (which he usually does) then drive the paint and have a field day.

What doesn't make sense here is that he only has a 77 three rating, a 30 consistency?

YET THIS MAN IS UNSTOPPABLE!
Are you playing online? If so, Ricky Ledo (79 Three Rating) and Archie Goodwin (68-ish Three Rating) are pretty much the exact same way...mediocre to slightly above average three point shooters seem to make more threes this year. It's like there's less three cheese overall than 2K13, but more people are capable of participating in it.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

From what I have seen having guys in the 70's feels much different than it did last year. There are plenty of guys in this range who end up hitting a good % especially when open.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

Try using Doron Lamb. Guy hits everything.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners
Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
From what I have seen having guys in the 70's feels much different than it did last year. There are plenty of guys in this range who end up hitting a good % especially when open.
I have a guess.

The CPU knows when your player has a high 3pt rating. For good shooters, the CPU will close out to prevent the shot. If you shoot, the shot% gets dinged for the good defense and you don't make the shots. For mediocre shooters, the CPU says tendencies and shooting ability shouldn't let this go in, so the CPU defense sags and you don't get dinged for the defense on a contest.

It's a perverse outcome. CPU controlled players get a boost to things like closeout speed that you don't get for your defenders. So if you hit (for example) Steph Curry with a pass at the top of the key, Lillard will close from baseline to the free throw line while the pass is in the air and contest the shot well resulting in a bad shot. HOwever, the CPU burst of speed doesn't help when the defender is sagging to protect against the dribble-drive. So you can get off as many unimpeded threes as you like with Wesley Johnson or Derrick Williams.

Corner threes, though, the defense never sags like it does at the wing or top of the key. I often end up with weird shooting percentages. Corner threes should convert at about 40% for the team while wing and top of the key threes convert at about 33% in a sim setting. The defense reverses those. I convert between 40 and 45% from the wings, 40% from top of the key and 30% or so from the corners due to the burst of speed closeouts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

SHHHHH man don't tell people! Lmao he's my secret weapon. Same with Meyers Leonard, even though 2k hasn't updated him since the beginning of last year he always seems to play like he's in the mid 70's rather than high 50's.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingSaget
SHHHHH man don't tell people! Lmao he's my secret weapon. Same with Meyers Leonard, even though 2k hasn't updated him since the beginning of last year he always seems to play like he's in the mid 70's rather than high 50's.
Crabbe does more than just hit wide open threes. He hits contested shots (I mean super contested).
Old 10-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingSaget
In everything but what he does well. He needs a shooting update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »