Home

anyone else feels players move too slow in NBA 2k

This is a discussion on anyone else feels players move too slow in NBA 2k within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
anyone else feels players move too slow in NBA 2k

this question is for everyone but mainly i want roster editors and sliders makers. On many edits from both rosters and sliders turn speed and/or quickness down from default ratings. i always felt opposite of that logic and feel that players especially the big men are not moving fast enough

i edit rosters myself to adjust to how i feel speed and quickness should be simulated cause NBA is a true fast game. big men and smaller players are only a 1 second or 2 behind each other going from one end of the court to the next.

here is one proof of how my logic comes from

http://youtu.be/Vwv13LQUSQM

looking how fast noah got to his side of the court. i counted 3 seconds from time he started his break. noah is not the only big men that can do that

i would just love to hear you guys feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: anyone else feels players move too slow in NBA 2k

Short answer: No....
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Slow? Nah..

Unresponsive at times? Maybe.

Although I would love to see players get down the court in fewer dribbles on fast breaks, like real life. Most hoopers can get down 3/4 of the court with 3 dribbles, but on 2k it takes like 6. It's not a speed thing, more of a need for contextual animations that have the players pushing the ball further ahead of them.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 10-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

No. I even have set Player Speed in Association to the value of 35.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ya man I agree that the roster makers at 2K do slash the speed of many big men. Any easy solutions to this yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

Big men are too slow in relation to other players however I think the game as a whole is a little too fast. I set player speed at 48 and game speed at 47. The ratings issue for bigs is another matter.

Look for a good roster editor. I know Rashidi edits speeds to better match the combine. You can see most of the players sprint times at draftexpress. You might want to edit them yourself.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
MVP

bateman11's Arena

The main issue with this for me is the amount of ground covered by players, not necessarily the speed. This and the way animations 'twitch', or speed super fast out of nowhere.

Players (most) take incredibly long strides and cover great distances with their steps. In this game players can't cover much ground. Just try exploding out of triple threat. IRL, super quick players like Rose and Westbrook can get past their defenders in ONE step while exploding out of triple threat. In the game, that one step doesn't create any space because the player barely moves. There is too much sliding and not enough explosion off the floor.

Im hoping this is resolved in next gen. Right now it seems impossible to fix because the hardware isn't expansive enough. Because if you speed the players up, it does make the game seem little more like real life. But the sliding is increased, and it turns into a mess.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Happy to hear some feedback on both sides of the fence. Right now i have my slider speed at 60 and quickness at 40 until i finish my speed edits. My mistake including quickness in the convo, quickness make the animation of players and movement feel unstable or twitchy so raising make them look unnatural

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »