Home

Sig Shots??

This is a discussion on Sig Shots?? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Sig Shots??

have now watched all gameplay vids that have currently been posted and one of the things that stood out from a presentation perspective was the lack of sig shots. I looked at Love's , Bledsoe , Dragic, cp3,crawford etc and am pretty familiar with all those guys shooting strokes,everything just looks generic.
Also i looked at these guys at the free throw and again everyone seems to use the same motion.
So does anyone know if they actually have sig shots this year because i think to not have a wide range of these for most starting fives in 2014 would be a terrible ommision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Re: Sig Shots??

no practice mode for a new dribble has me more concerned. you show a trailer in what seems to be a practice mode but you don't put it in for the customers? this day one patch has to be something really huge or heads need to roll!!!! not even dounte, optimusp76 or myself can defend this decision.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

think ea is taking this "sim" thing too serious if there's no sliders or create a player outside of rising stars. I despise career modes! just wabt to create myself and choose the team I want to play for.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
Rookie

yep definately odd not to include a practice mode so hopefully this is patched in but im really keen to hear if others know anything about sig shots as this always adds greatly to the realism of an nba game and is something that previous Live games have done ok with.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Nick_sr, you are not answering his question. As for me, I just don't see it. The animations to me look so odd, that even if they are different, they don't look right.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-17-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Rookie

zimmtron's Arena

OVR: 2

Am I the only one who really enjoyed shooting around for a bit before going to the menus in nba live 10? Don't understand why they would take that out, like it's next gen, you have to be able to work that in! I only caught a little bit of the suns clippers gameplay, but I think the shots differentiated between players, they really captured the ugliness of bledsoes shot lol
Old 11-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmtron
Am I the only one who really enjoyed shooting around for a bit before going to the menus in nba live 10? Don't understand why they would take that out, like it's next gen, you have to be able to work that in! I only caught a little bit of the suns clippers gameplay, but I think the shots differentiated between players, they really captured the ugliness of bledsoes shot lol
You're not the only one. I loved that they did that in Live 06. Why they went backwards on that, I have NO idea. I'm to the point where I don't think gamers should need traditional menus to navigate a game.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah the practice gyms were great and pretty much people agreed on that universally again baffling that EA wouldn't take note of this.
Has anyone else got ideas or thoughts about my sig shots question, they also talked about sig dribbles but couldn't see a great deal of evidence with that either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »