Home

the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

Alright guys, I've been playing exhibition games since the game dropped, playing NBA today matchups just trying to get a feel for the game. I figured I would post this thread now so that we can get some discussion going about the gameplay and sliders and see what different people are seeing while playing. I will be posting my sliders sometime soon once I get some more games in.

As usual, I don't want to hop into a franchise until I feel confident that the gameplay has been tuned to provide the most realistic results possible. So, my focus has been playing with as many different teams/styles and keeping track of stats so that I can make an objective analysis of what works and what doesn't in terms of gameplay. Obviously the game is very fun to play and overall, the gameplay for next gen 2k14 is excellent and I am finding very little that needs to be tweaked in terms of sliders to provide a realistic gameplay experience.

I have been playing with a base set of sliders that is giving very fun, varied games and results. I am probably about 8 games in with these, but I have only kept track of the last 4 games stats. I like to keep the stats of the games and then compare them to the actual NBA stats to see what needs to be changed and what doesn't. I only feel comfortable playing 12 min quarters and my sliders main goal is to always provide realistic stats based on 12 min quarters. I will be updating the spreadsheet below with stats from my games which shows the CPU and User stats by a per game average, compared to the actual NBA averages

PHP Code:
Category    CPU    League    USER
Points    91.3    99.5    88.0
FGM    35.8    36.9    32.8
FGA    84.8    82.4    73.5
FG
%    42.2%    44.8%    44.8%
3PM    4.8    7.4    6.5
3PA    20.3    20.8    17.8
3P 
%    25.1%    35.9%    35.6%
FTM    15.0    17.5    16.0
FTA    21.3    23.4    22.5
FT
%    69.8%    75.0%    69.9%
Dunks    4.0    3.3    3.5
FB Points    11.8    14.5    10.0
PitP    45.0    39.8    32.0
2nd Chance Points    13.3    N
/A    9.3
Bench Points    22.8    32.5    25.3
Assists    19.8    21.4    16.3
Off Reb    11.3    11.0    9.8
Def Reb    32.3    31.6    37.3
Steals    12.3    8.0    8.8
Blocks    4.0    5.1    10.5
Turnovers    12.8    15.9    18.8
Fouls    16.8    21.2    16.0
Biggest Lead    14.5    N
/A    10.0 
Difficulty: All-Star
Game Style: Custom
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Game Speed: 49
FT Shooting: Real Player %

(Sliders are listed as User/CPU. If only one value then same for both)

Version 2.0 (updated 11/26/13)
Offense:
Inside Shots:44
Close Shot:44
Mid-Range:48
3 PT: 47
Layup:50
Dunk Freq: 50
Dunk Traffic:50
Pass Accuracy:48
Alley-Oop:50
Contact Shot:45

Defense
Driving Contact: 85
Inside Contact:100
Layup Defense (Takeoff):70
Layup Defense (Release):65
Jump Shot (Gather):65
Jump Shot (Release):55
Help Defense:45
Steal Success:50

Attributes:
Quickness: 42
Vertical:45
Strength:45
Stamina:50
Speed:45
Durability:50
Hustle:50
Ball Handling:50
Hands:47
Dunking:50
On-Ball Defense:60
Stealing:47
Blocking: 25/50
Off. Awareness: 49
Def. Awareness: 70/70
Off Rebounding:50
Def Rebounding:52
Consistency: 50
Fatigue Rate:53
Injuries:50
Injury Severity: 45

Tendencies:
Inside: 48
Close:49
Mid-Range:52
3 Pt: 46
Post Shots: 50
Attack Basket: 62
Post Players:50
Alley-Oops:25
Dunks:50
Putbacks:50
Passing Lanes: 44
On-Ball Steal:40
Contest:50
Backdoor Cuts:44

Fouls:
Over The Back:87
Charging:100
Blocking:85
Reaching:81
Shooting:85
Loose Ball:100

Here are the box scores for these games. I will be adding more as I play

Based on these stats and my gameplay experience, here are my findings through 4 games:

-Points per game is a bit low for both sides. I think most of this comes from the fact that the CPU isn't making enough threes, and I am not taking enough.

-FT % is a bit low for both teams compared to league average. I find this very odd considering that I use real FT%, but I believe this has to do with the fact that a disproportionate amount of FT attempts are coming from big guys under the hoop who aren't as good at shooting them compared to guards attacking and getting to the line and making them at a higher clip

-Blocks are too high for the user

-Steals too high for CPU (really my fault due to careless passes, but the CPU is a bit too aggressive in passing lanes for my tastes)

-Fouls could be higher, but not shooting fouls as attempts per game are pretty much right on target.

-Rebounding feels pretty much spot on for both the User and CPU. Very pleased with this so far

Overall, the game is playing pretty well and I feel like I won't be suffering from a case of "slideritis" this year, constantly adjusting and never playing. I feel like I am already close to a very realistic set, just a few adjustments need to be made. Once I post my sliders, I encourage others that are using them to post their box scores as well or just anything you are noticing regarding the gameplay and potential slider tweaks

Last edited by the_future420; 11-27-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

I agree I dont think too much has to be tweaked right out of the box. Im enjoying it ery much, Ive been on All Stat Simulation and will definately give em a shot and give ya feedback when you post your sliders man.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

http://twitter.com/ChrisEvans_007/st...934016/photo/1

I'm the Bulls

These are the types of games I've been having on all-star simulation. I don't know if I'm just a much worse defender but they seem to get way too many shots inside on me and my defenders always leave the shooters wide open when they crash the paint, I had to manually defend allen and barrier whenever they came into the game or they would've had a field day from behind the line. Fast breaks are also almost nonexistent, probably because I get way too many blocks. I have also seen a lot of offensive rebounds from the cpu and way too many put backs by the player who missed the shot.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame

Last edited by justcallmedaddy; 11-18-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

I just received everything in the mail but won't get to play until Thursday. Future, your analysis looks good. I will help out once I'm settles with my ps4. Until then, I'll be on the sideline following the thread.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
MVP

Just edited the first post and added the sliders. A note to remember, it seems like sometimes the sliders don't save once you enter them. What I've noticed is that sometimes the tendencies wont save correctly so just double check that they are still there once you enter them. Let me know what you guys see when playing with these.

Still trying to get the User blocks under control. That continues to be the biggest thing sticking out. Also keep an eye on how the CPU shoots the three. I want to make sure they are taking and making enough of them. The last two games I played were against Memphis and the Bobcats so those may not be the best two teams to determine if CPU 3's need adjusting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

First game with the sliders.

I must be absolutely horrid on defense or something, I don't know how you get those low scoring games. I feel it's not even my fault on defense, my AI teammates always sag off the 3 point shooters (even with the POE on limiting perimeter shooting) and they always try to help in unneeded situations and leave the PF/C wide open for a dunk.

Chandler shot most of the free throws in the game, boozer and rose shot most of mine. Blocking was still very bad, even though most of them were actually user timing from when melo was in the post doing a fadeaway.

CPU still hits all their wide open threes, I still don't hit any. Melo was their leading scorer, he didn't miss a single wide open shot that I can remember, maybe a 3 or two.

Off topic: I Love the share button on the PS4, I can save high res screenpics anytime. Sucks that there's no "right click" button on the PS4 when web searching or I could load the pic to OS right from my playstation.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame
Old 11-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #7
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Haven't tried the sliders yet but this game is sliders away from being the best of all time in my opinion. I play on all-star and my only complaints are the CPU and their ability to make the three, the intercept passes like Deion and my inability to finish at the basket.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy

First game with the sliders.

I must be absolutely horrid on defense or something, I don't know how you get those low scoring games. I feel it's not even my fault on defense, my AI teammates always sag off the 3 point shooters (even with the POE on limiting perimeter shooting) and they always try to help in unneeded situations and leave the PF/C wide open for a dunk.

Chandler shot most of the free throws in the game, boozer and rose shot most of mine. Blocking was still very bad, even though most of them were actually user timing from when melo was in the post doing a fadeaway.

CPU still hits all their wide open threes, I still don't hit any. Melo was their leading scorer, he didn't miss a single wide open shot that I can remember, maybe a 3 or two.

Off topic: I Love the share button on the PS4, I can save high res screenpics anytime. Sucks that there's no "right click" button on the PS4 when web searching or I could load the pic to OS right from my playstation.
Wow thats crazy that you are having games like that on average. I think playstyle has alot to do with it. I can tell you play very high tempo just looking at the FGA. Also, you definitely aren't struggling with the 3, 10/18 is an excellent rate. Also, the fact that you only got one steal in the game is interesting. I have had a game to date where I had less than 7.

Are you playing mostly on-ball defense or off ball? Its crazy the lack of defense shown in that box score in comparison to my games. Using a team like the Bulls, you should be playing a slower tempo style and grinding it out on D. On D, especially perimeter D, I find it very helpful to shade players into your Help D. For example with the Bulls, I am always using Derrick Rose to shade the CPU ballhandler towards the baseline when they are on the strong side. When I played with the Clippers I controlled CP3 most of the time, and sagged off Mike Conley to double down on Gasol and Randolph or play passing lanes. Once I would double, I usually grabbed control of the weak side perimeter defender (usually Dudley, or Reddick) and was ready to rotate if they decided to kick it out.

One of the things I am enjoying most about this game is just how fun it is to play defense again, so it is definitely possible to frustrate the CPU's attack, particularly with these settings

Here are the box scores from the two games I played last night. I was the Clippers and Bulls in these two. In the game against the Grizzlies, I pretty much led the whole way through but couldnt pull away until the last 3 minutes of the fourth. The Grizzlies playstyle is just constantly dump it in low, so I could pack the paint and double Gasol and Randolph without much fear of them taking any threes.

The game against the Bobcats was completely different. I trailed for the majority of the game and didnt take the lead until late in the third quarter. Derrick Rose was Jekyll and Hyde. Terrible in the first half and excellent in the second (mainly that third quarter where I had 13 points with him). It was a tail of two halfs as well, I believe the score was 41-39 at half time and both teams were right at 40% shooting and then both offenses came alive

Things that I am still looking at possibly adjusting:

-I think I may have overdone it just a bit with the fouls, I have a feeling I will be bringing them down just slightly. I want to keep FTAs in the low 20s, not in the mid 20s so I will be watching this closely in my next few games

-Starting to worry that User FG% might be too high, but I think it is a function of me getting too many good looks, as opposed to making tough shots, so I am going to be looking into that after a few more games.

-Blocks still remain a concern. Right now I have them at 33, but I have a feeling I will be decreasing that even more

Last edited by the_future420; 11-19-2013 at 08:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »