Home

I remember the old days.

This is a discussion on I remember the old days. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
I remember the old days.

So basically you can't rant about a game anymore. Wow. If you say anything negative you get your thread closed or threatened with a ban. Welp its time to get out of here. This site used to be the best. It used to basically be a daily visit. You have to pay to try to host OD's and CCM's, you have to watch what you say even if there is no profanity and to keep the negative thoughts about a two letter company down you can rant in an impressions thread where it will be lost in the shuffle within a day or 2.

What happened to the OS i remembered and loved. You can ban me for all i care. Im just calling it how i see it. You're in that companies pocket and don't hold them to a standard anymore.

Rant Over, You can close it if you want, you can ban me if you want, thats fine.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: I remember the old days.

No, what's been tightened up has been the ranting that serves no purpose. Posters are more than free to critique, and critique harshly....and many do including myself. But it needs to address an actual issue and need to have an actual point to make. And if there is already a thread for it then you need to post in that thread. I've started threads that have been closed before because they were essentially just duplicates. It's no big deal and it certainly isn't personal.

I don't know what thread/post prompted this from you.....but in reading this particular post I feel safe in guessing that it was along the lines of "this game sucks" or "this is stupid". Threads like that are fine......if your 9. But rants just for the sake of whining and so you can be heard are pointless and, despite what you may think, only detract from the site....not add to it.

I've read many posts/blogs from Mods and EA GameChangers here that have been highly critical of EA and Madden. Your free to rant....you just need to get your facts straight and have something constructive to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 11-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I remember the old days.

Honestly I miss the good old days when people just enjoyed theses games for what they are....video games. I don't care what generation we are in, no sport game will ever mimic its real life counterpart. I have no problem with people bringing serious issues to the developers attention, but expecting a video game to play out as real is unrealistic. I know I am going to catch flack with people saying we pay money and expect perfection, which is fine, but maybe realize it is a video game and just go back to having fun with it.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

There is literally a thread titled "This is Why Madden is Considered Terrible" like three spots below this one...so I'm not sure what your talking about.

I don't go in there because I am tired of reading all the negative bashing, but I don't mind it being there. However, it does get annoying when there are like four new threads everyday dedicated to bashing Madden.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface786
Honestly I miss the good old days when people just enjoyed theses games for what they are....video games. I don't care what generation we are in, no sport game will ever mimic its real life counterpart. I have no problem with people bringing serious issues to the developers attention, but expecting a video game to play out as real is unrealistic. I know I am going to catch flack with people saying we pay money and expect perfection, which is fine, but maybe realize it is a video game and just go back to having fun with it.
For me, it's this:

For some people, books are a form of escapism. For others, movies are a form of escapism. A means to escape, to get lost in your imagination, and to get lost in your own world.

Well for me, video games are that form of escapism (as well as books, plays, movies, etc... but for the sake of this post, it's video games )

When I play video games, I like to get lost in my imagination in another world. If it is an RPG, for example Skyrim or any other Elder Scrolls games (as those are my favorite games all time) I love to get lost in the character, get lost in his journey, get lost in the world and in his adventures.

In the case of Madden, I love to play a franchise mode and get lost in my imagination in another world where I am the general manager / coach of my favorite football team, existing in this alternate world where I make the moves that I think will give the team the best success. My first real experience with a franchise mode was with NFL 2K4 when I did a fantasy draft franchise, and then my experiences went to a whole other level with NFL 2K5 where I was in my longest running franchise mode to date. (My mention of NFL 2K is not to compare, simply to state my history.)

My problem with Madden comes from when I see certain things that are so blatantly and inexplicably unrealistic. It takes me out of that imagination world that I live in. It completely snaps me out of that fantasy when virtually every CPU QB is a robo-QB with no weaknesses, throwing perfectly accurate passes no matter the circumstances. It completely snaps me out of that fantasy when the game is basically built on busted plays that end up being routine 80+ yard TD's. It completely snaps me out of that fantasy when defense is completely non-existent outside of turnovers.

It really is frustrating.

The ONLY reason why I even play Madden anymore? Check out my signature. I've found a great 32 man league, where I no longer have to deal with the CPU anymore. It's a 32 man league of like minded players, who are all there to have fun and not "win at all costs" (but still remains a truly competitive league), and don't exploit the game or weak AI but just rather a group of guys that want to have fun with the game of football.

Madden isn't perfect, but it gets a lot better being able to play with people that are playing the game the way I think it should be played.

But if it weren't for the 32 man league I'm in, I wouldn't be playing Madden. And that's why. That's why, even though it's "just a video game", as you put it (and you're right, but I don't think anyone is asking for a perfectly adapted replication of NFL football that is 100% exactly like the real thing), Madden doesn't even succeed on that level. At least for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Huh? About 90% of the Madden forum is negative/rants.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 11-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

O.S has always been tight with the bashing on all games not just Madden for the reason that bashing is pointless. There is no need to rant because chances are the problems you are complaining about are the same problems that have already been posted time and time again. Why post long rants? It just clutters up the forum. People understand there is a problem with the game. Does posting a giant wall of text fix the problem? Absolutely not. Offer Constructive Criticism in the suggestion thread and move on.

I remember the old day when everyone didn't complain about the rules or about complain about the ToS or complain about the Mods abusing their power. What's the point of this thread even? You're just making the problem worse by cluttering the Madden forum even more. I'm not trying to attack you or single out you it's just I have had it with all of this B.S. So many complainers have been surfacing lately. You don't like it? That's fine leave and don't make a post about the "Good Old Days". That's all I have to say about that issue. I apologize for the explosion.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
O.S has always been tight with the bashing on all games not just Madden for the reason that bashing is pointless. There is no need to rant because chances are the problems you are complaining about are the same problems that have already been posted time and time again. Why post long rants? It just clutters up the forum. People understand there is a problem with the game. Does posting a giant wall of text fix the problem? Absolutely not. Offer Constructive Criticism in the suggestion thread and move on.

I remember the old day when everyone didn't complain about the rules or about complain about the ToS or complain about the Mods abusing their power. What's the point of this thread even? You're just making the problem worse by cluttering the Madden forum even more. I'm not trying to attack you or single out you it's just I have had it with all of this B.S. So many complainers have been surfacing lately. You don't like it? That's fine leave and don't make a post about the "Good Old Days". That's all I have to say about that issue. I apologize for the explosion.
Now that's some funny, albeit, hypocritical shizz right there!

Speaking of "cluttering" the forums with pointless threads, only to add to the supposed "worsening clutter problem" by posting within the very type of thread you are railing against.

To top it off perfectly, you go on a rant complaining about the complainers you are so tired of dealing with!

Classic.....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »