Home

Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bad Wolf

"I mean last year," chuckled Kevin Love the day before the NBA 2012-2013 season kickoff, "Last year we were a bunch of nobodies. We weren't bad, we weren't good, we were the icky in between thing that no one wants to be. But this year, man, things will be different. I know all you high tech industry experts say that we're a 8th seed to be eliminated by the 1st seed, but trust high overpaid analysts, we're a top-four seed team that will surprise a lot of people this season."
When asked by reporters what the Timberwolves' goal was this season, Love said: "The sky is the limit. We will win as many games as we can. Our goal is to achieve the best we can and prove to the league that we aren't its laughingstocks anymore. You have no idea how hard we all have worked in the offseason. The league isn't won during the season or playoffs, it is won by who trains the hardest, who maxes themselves out the the most, the one who only thinks about the game, not about screwing around. The regular season is just to show who has worked the hardest, and the playoffs is just to show who will be remembered. We will be the big bad wolves of the West! Go Timberwolves!"

Last edited by Maximusprime007; 12-06-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Bad Wolf

Timberwolves Beat Sacramento in Home Opener!

The Timberwolves gritted out a 75-72 win, most of their struggles due to Cousin's effect on the paint, and although Cousins finished with only two blocks, he slowed down Kevin Love and Pekovic in the paint. Love and Pekovic combined for 33 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks. New addition Brandon Roy scored 23 points coming off the bench as a sixth man, and generated offense when no one else on the court could. Rubio had a career high 17 dimes.

No one in Sacramento scored more than 15 points, their leading scorer was Jimmer Fredette, though that may in part be due to Tyreke Evans' ankle injury suffered in the fourth that left him unable to walk*. He had 13 points when he checked out, but he shot Sacramento out of the game with his 1-9 performance from the three. Evans will get an MRI on his ankle on October 31st.

When reporters asked game MVP Rick Rubio what it felt like to dominate the Kings with a career high 17 assists he said: "Man, it felt so bueno. ¡Ja, Español! Sorry, just so happy that we could win, I felt in the zone all night, but man, I wish I hadn't shot 1-5 from the field. I really like setting my teammates and I feel like this is just the beginning of a great season for the Timberwolves. It sets a really nice tone. At the same time, I felt like we could have dominated them, but they are professional athletes too, and very talented ones."

"Well, I hope his ankle heals up soon," said Rubio in response to a question asked about Evans' injury, "He and the rest if his team are a competitors, and I was really impressed with their performance. I wish them the best of luck in their season!"

The Timberwolves begin a road trip with two back-to-backs at Toronto and Brooklyn starting this November 2nd.

*Evans will get an MRI on Monday, November 1st.

Last edited by Maximusprime007; 12-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Timberwolves Overcome Raptors' Comeback

The game seemed like it was slotted to go to overtime. Tied at 82, with five seconds on the clock and with the Timberwolves having the ball in the hands of their worst shooter Rick Rubio, there was a certain sense of frustration. But then, Rubio did what he had been doing all night. Found the open man, and hit him with an excellent pass that put him in a position to score. This time, not only did the ball go in, but it was shot by Chase Budinger, who is by no means the Wolves' regular go to guy.

Rubio threaded many passes that always found their mark, often leading to points on the scoreboard for the Timberwolves. Rubio tallied 24 assists, the second time in the past two games that he has had career highs in assists. He aided Kevin Love, who had 40 points, as well as Pekovic, who had 12. The person who won the game for the Wolves, Chase Budinger, scored only 9 points, but also played excellent defense.

This should have been an easy win for the Minnesota, as they led by 15 points at halftime, but their lack of a solid defensive player burned them, as they allowed Lowry and Gay to burn them for 27 points and 25 respectively. Their frontcourt was burned by Love and Pekovic, but they only allowed 11 rebounds to the dominant scorers. Valacunias finished with 7 rebounds and 8 points. Demar DeRozan was held to six.

"We played the best game of the season," said Rubio, game MVP, when asked by reporters what he thought his team's effort, "But they also brought their A game. I mean Kevin had 40 and the rest of the team worked their (expletives) off keeping up with us. Man, again, I felt in the zone all night even though I only scored 3. I will definately look to improve in our next game versus the jokes. Oh wait that was the quality of your question, jajaja. We will beat Brooklyn and their joke of a lineup any day of the week."

As reporters began composing their next questions, Rubio stormed off to the locker room.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Rookie

The Timberwolves Blow By Nets

There was a certain amount of tension in the air as the two 2-0 teams faced off. The game had even more riding on it for the Timberwolves considering their trash talk. In the first half, the contest looked close, the Nets dictated the defensive flow of the game, and were able to keep the score close enough to let their weak offense keep them in the game. However, in the second half, the Wolves' center Pekovic wouldn't have any of that. He crushed the Nets on both ends of the court, scoring 20 points and 6 rebounds total, with the points being a season high. The Nets were outscored by 15 points in the second half. The final score was 75-58.

Kevin Love had 18 points and 3 rebounds, and Rubio had 18 assists. The only reason the Big Bad Wolves were able to stay in the game was through the impressive scoring of Alexey Shved, even though he was being guarded by Deron Williams, who Rubio, Roy, and Shved held to a mere 6 points and 4 assists. Lopez had 18 points, but only 6 rebounds.

"Well, my game was all due to my teammates, especially Pekovic and Love," said game MVP Ricky Rubio when reporters asked him about the numbers he consistently put up, "I mean the piece of trash that the Nets team is, it was easier than my previous two games. I mean, Pekovic really changed the game in our favor, and Budinger (who had 6 points, 5 rebounds) and Alexey (9 points) really saved us with their vintage performance off the bench."

The Timberwolves (3-0) will face off against the rebuilding Orlando Magic (2-1).

Old 12-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Wolves Crush Magic Behind Rubio's 18 Assists

The rebuilding Magic lost 41-80 to the impressive Timberwolves. The Wolves advance to 4-0 this season. Love scored 17 and Pekovic had 10. Rubio, however, was clearly the most impressive Timberwolves player with 18 assists.

Last edited by Maximusprime007; 12-15-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »