Home

Can Someone Help With My MyCareer Bug/s

This is a discussion on Can Someone Help With My MyCareer Bug/s within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Can Someone Help With My MyCareer Bug/s

I logged into NBA 2K14 a couple days ago and upon doing so I was greeted with needing to make a new MyPlayer. Seeing no way around it, I just quickly pressed A (I'm on XBOX One) to get through it.

I went to MyCareer and both of my saves were there. I load up my SF who's an 83 OVR and once I get into the game I notice I can't make any of my shots and my guy travels at the speed of smell. I decide to check my attributes through the Game Stats and see I'm a 25 OVR. I'm pretty heated at this point since I just got to April and we're 8th in the playoff race in the Western Conference. I load up my PG who is a 68 OVR and it's the same thing.

I submitted a ticket through 2kSupport and decide that, in the mean time, I'll play a new MyCareer to get my fix. However, after I try to add some points to an attribute on it, I get an error saying I lost connection to 2KSports and get kicked back to the main menu. I try to load that one back up and it loads up an old save from a different DELETED MyCareer where I stopped mid-way through the Rookie Showcase.

A day later, I check to see if 2K has responded to my ticket and they haven't even assigned it to one of their staff. I mutter a few expletives and then realize they probably have no intention of helping me. Since I realize this, I decide to just delete all of my MyCareers and try to earn some VC through MyGM to aid my new MyCareer player. I get through the interview with the owner and sim through a few games until it takes me to a Press Conference where I get kicked back out to the Main Menu like I did when I tried to play MyCareer.

The one nice thing is NOW whenever I try to make a MyCareer and get kicked out to the main menu, the next time I load it up it instead loads my SF where I was an 83 OVR and now I'm a 62. Stellar.

What the literal ****, 2K? How am I supposed to play either of these modes ever again if 2K could care less and I have no way to actually delete my saved games or MyPlayer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Can Someone Help With My MyCareer Bug/s

I've been prompted to created new MyPlayer's twice while booting up. Luckily, I just restarted the game at the creation screen and everything was fine both times. Sorry that happened to you man.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

Last edited by quehouston; 12-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

every time i try to go on to mycareer on xbox one it just kicks me to the dashboard?

anyone else been having this problem????
Old 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Just started!

that happened to smoove
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Through my experience with this issue I have come to the realization that it has to do with the number of saves alloted for each Gamertag. I have my main account on my Xbox one for instance and I kept doing MyGM franchise drafts and starting over my career until i had a good rookie Showcase. After some time ALL of my files got messed up.

I would load a mycareer and it would actually load one of my MyGM saves that i had previously deleted with like half the team I drafted and the other half of the team the real roster. Long story short someone said you could go to the 2k website, login and delete your files from the 2k servers however I was unable to do this because I couldnt find my password and their reset wasn't working (of course).

I used my 2nd Gamertag on the same console, started over making sure I was going to stick with wherever I was drafted and not start over and I haven't had a problem since (been about 2 weeks).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Is there no way of removing local saves from your hdd on the xbone? I realize there might still be a conflict on 2k's servers but I would atleast try that first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »