Home

What will you check first?

This is a discussion on What will you check first? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
What will you check first?

We all have our little nit-picky complaints about MLB The Show. While some may just be visual such as uniforms or stadium errors, others have to do with gameplay features or stats. Every time I get a new sports game, whether it be The Show, NHL, or something else I always check to see if things that have driven me nuts are fixed when I get the latest version.

What will you guys be checking as soon as you get the game?

For me I'll be simulating 10-15 years into franchise and checking to see if the stats are fixed. For the past few years offensive numbers have been ridiculously high after about 5-6 years in franchise. I'm really hoping that SCEA addressed this issue in MLB 14 because (at least for me) it's a bit of a game-killer both in franchise and especially in Road to the Show.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: What will you check first?

I usually check out the minor league rosters and the new ballparks. Also ratings for new players
Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
Banned

tylerh's Arena

OVR: 0

The progress of the OS rosters. Then graphics and gameplay I guess.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
We all have our little nit-picky complaints about MLB The Show. While some may just be visual such as uniforms or stadium errors, others have to do with gameplay features or stats. Every time I get a new sports game, whether it be The Show, NHL, or something else I always check to see if things that have driven me nuts are fixed when I get the latest version.

What will you guys be checking as soon as you get the game?

For me I'll be simulating 10-15 years into franchise and checking to see if the stats are fixed. For the past few years offensive numbers have been ridiculously high after about 5-6 years in franchise. I'm really hoping that SCEA addressed this issue in MLB 14 because (at least for me) it's a bit of a game-killer both in franchise and especially in Road to the Show.
The color of the Jays uniforms which i will notice in my first quick game anyways, and then ill check out some different batting stances and pitching deliveries of some young guys like Jose Fernandez, Gerrit Cole, Wil Myers etc.

But what you're checking first is definitely something I'm interested in as well, because last year, a few seasons into RTTS, the stats looked incredibly unrealistic.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0

I will play an exhibition game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I will be checking out all the new features that they hopefully announce soon! Can't wait to see what has been added to the game.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Team budgets and free agent logic after simming through 8-9 years. I like to know how much of the 30 team control I'll need to be using
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Team budgets and free agent logic after simming through 8-9 years. I like to know how much of the 30 team control I'll need to be using
This right here is basically what I was going to mention. How much of the 30 team control will I have to pay attention to? Trades, free agency, lineup logic, etc., etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »