Home

OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden...

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden...

With next year's Madden game in development, it's never too early to start expressing what we'd like to see the future of the franchise contain feature-wise. With that in mind, we asked the staff what one feature they'd like to see the Madden team implement into the game for not only this year, but for future editions to come.

Predictably, everyone has their own idea for what they'd like to see. Be sure to read our ideas and add your own.

Read More - OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden...
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
How about if you are gonna have an owner mode then let us hire/fire our staff and watch cpu vs cpu games to see how our team is. Most of all I would love to see a good game. They need to fire the whole Madden team and start over from scratch. New people to design the game and new ideas as to what goes in the game.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Completely editable CPU AI and rosters.

For rosters I want to be able to edit EVERYTHING from race, to skin tone, to left hand or right to body type, height and weight.

For CPU AI, I want to be able to edit the CPU coaches mindset. From what plays they call on down and distance to who their primary WR is and how often they look to give that guy the ball. Also edit the ratio of pass and run, edit the ratio of blitzes, how often they run zone or man coverages.

Give me a fully EDITABLE game like Madden USE TO BE like years ago.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
No huddle system like NCAA. It's so inconvenient with how it's set up now. Then if you call an audible, you can't change the play again until everyone is lined up and/or the QB is finished going throw a fixed animation. You can move more quickly and get a better play call by huddling up. I'm pretty sure NFL QB's have access to the entire playbook when in no huddle with the personal on the field. NCAA allows this, why can't Madden when it's the same company!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Realistic animations and interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
It was said before......ability to edit EVERYTHING(plus draft classes)!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OS Roundtable: If You Could Add One Feature To Madden...

I agree with steve and chris as far as most important for me. I've passed on the last 2 years of madden due to the fact of lack of advancement within playbooks, defense, cb/we interaction, d line play. The game killer for me was when I ran curl routes against Richard Sherman all game and completed 9/10 EVERYTIME they were in man coverage. Even moving coverage sliders to 100 it didn't change. I know the same thing go's for out routes as well.

I talked about defense last year and all I heard here was its an offensive league now a days. But look at the Super Bowl and what the Seahawks D did to the best offense ever supposedly. Defense still wins championships and it should be redone and a main focus. You can't overpower offensive side of the game EVERY year and not put any counters or the same effort on the other side of the ball.

I know this thread says if you could add 1 feature but I can't pick just 1. Fix sliders to work properly and each person can customize the game and difficulty to their own liking. Putting passing acc at 0 should mean balls being thrown in the dirt. It's a simple solution if sliders worked correctly. Man coverage at 100 should mean no cb gets beat.

1- But I'd like adaptive AI on defense. No way I run curl routes every play down field and complete them all against best cb in the league.

2- add cb/wr interaction, physics, etc. I want to see better press coverage.
Like steve said, tugging, fighting for ball, different animations for taller receivers vs smaller corners.

3- I want to be able to play as d line and feel like I can wreak havoc if I have a mismatch. Swim, power, spin, or speed rushes.

4- completely redo special teams! Field goals, blocking schemes, etc. Is it even possible to block a fg? I realize it's rare irl...

5- give us ability to edit coaching schemes/playbooks. If like to see teams play true to life with schemes like dick labeau used or what you saw the Seahawks play with tight bump coverage, 8 in the box, zone under, with back safety help. Is this possible without hot routing? Not sure cus like I said haven't played in 2 years, but maybe cover 1 or robber do this? Anyways, I don't think the playbooks have changed much in 10+ years.

These areas in itself being fixed for me would make me happy and purchase 1st madden in 3 years. Long story short focus on defense! I'm really hoping LOB gets on the cover and they put focus on wr/cb interaction! That would be my number 1 feature if I had to pick just 1...
Old 02-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

OVR: 0
Adding just one feature to Madden is like asking to add one player to a 1 win team... They really need to blow it up and start from scratch...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »