Home

A recruiting rant

This is a discussion on A recruiting rant within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

OVR: 0
A recruiting rant

Now I know this probably happens to most of us who play legacy mode and man does it happen very often to me,what I'm talking about is the fact that I'll have a recruit up to 100% interest and i offered a scholarship and come the first day of signing period: They sign with another team(Most times to a school that's in my conference) it just annoys me to no end because I should be getting these recruits but nooooo, they sign with somebody in my conference and or rival from another conference. Give some input on if this happens to you and if it does how frequently.

FIFA 15 Manager Mode with Real Betis

NCAA 13 Dynasty with Arkansas State

NCAA 13 Dynasty with Texas State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

mrgobstopper's Arena

Re: A recruiting rant

Maybe you didn't recruit them enough but that kinda sucks

------
Sign it Please so we can get another college basketball game.
http://www.change.org/petitions/2k-p...ke-a-ncaa-game
Old 03-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

For me its the opposite. I've been second or third with 100%, but still won. It annoys me to no end is when you recruit someone to like 75-80 lets say their jr year, and they significantly drop the next season, and you recruit like crazy but can't even get to 100% by signing day. But then again I've never been that good at recruiting, so it could just be a "me" problem.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

It doesn't matter how much time I put into the recruits even if I put a lot of time into them they still go elsewhere and it's quite annoying

Old 03-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfreak96
Now I know this probably happens to most of us who play legacy mode and man does it happen very often to me,what I'm talking about is the fact that I'll have a recruit up to 100% interest and i offered a scholarship and come the first day of signing period: They sign with another team(Most times to a school that's in my conference) it just annoys me to no end because I should be getting these recruits but nooooo, they sign with somebody in my conference and or rival from another conference. Give some input on if this happens to you and if it does how frequently.
Try playing as UNC, finding a gem of a 3 star recruit, offering him a scholarship when you have him 97 percent convinced, and then having him sign with UNC Greensboro instead. Worst thing ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
Pro

sportsfreak96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Try playing as UNC, finding a gem of a 3 star recruit, offering him a scholarship when you have him 97 percent convinced, and then having him sign with UNC Greensboro instead. Worst thing ever.

This same BS happened to me during a closed legacy in which I originally was coaching MD-Eastern Shore then got a job offer to go to Austin Peay then after 2 years there I got offered the Marquette coaching job and every time I would recruit someone at Marquette I'd have them at 97-99% interested I offer the scholarship and 9/10 they went to a school like Duke or Louisville

Old 03-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

This will happen from time to time in real life recruiting, look at Gunner Kiel. He committed / de-committed from like four different schools in the span of a year, it was ridiculous. I'm fine with a guy switching at the last second, especially fun if it's in-conference because it creates a little rivalry that you want to shut the guy down. Also, they could be 100% with another school and it was a coin flip for the recruit.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah, the same thing happens to me to

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »