Home

Do you go back to past NBA 2k games sometimes?

This is a discussion on Do you go back to past NBA 2k games sometimes? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Do you go back to past NBA 2k games sometimes?

I played 11 tonight. Amazing how well these games hold out. Seeing Jordan come out the first time is amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Do you go back to past NBA 2k games sometimes?

I'm still rocking 2K11. Just started a new Knicks Association with updated rosters. Haven't been impressed with the series post-2K11, so I stayed with the old game.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
I'm still rocking 2K11. Just started a new Knicks Association with updated rosters. Haven't been impressed with the series post-2K11, so I stayed with the old game.
Jeff, me too. The only thing that kind of holds me back is taht I can't get those old controls down. I also like the classic legends (there are more of them in 2k12)

Back to 2k11, Do do specila moves like crossovers do you hold LT and have to use the left stick? It's really crazy for me to do moves with the left stick when that controls your player's direction also. Do you thionk the graphics are cleaner on 2k11? Something about it, I just love it. The music too is fantastic.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
Rookie

2k11 was the best for me but the problem is, the game was not perfect.
So i wanted some improvment but not some things which disappeared in 2k12, 2k13 and 2k14, on the contrary.

For example some triangle offense disppeared while it needed to be improved like 42 rub, or 35 cross post, or 41 up 2, 32 swing iso, 25 pin, 32 quick, 34 quick 52 roll, 31 cross, and no other triangle plays have been added in 12 13 or 14.

Classic court should be improv, for the 3pt lign, some finals logo, but they added the half cirlce in the paint like current court.

Some real classic coach were in the game but finish!! Phil jackson disappeared in 12,13,14.

So yes 2k11 is the best but some issues were in the game and we expected improvment, it is really frustrating again and again for ever!!

For example for the crossover with Jordan in a fastbreak, yes it was really hard to make it and use the left stick to get a direction and especially to be stop by the defender so you couldńt go the lay up or to the dunk so you tried a pull up but the pull up was not so beautiful you expected!!

Yes we would like more classic team but above all the 93 suns which were not in 2k11 without good reason only business!!

We would like improvment for jordan post moov it was worst and worst and sometimes while making a fade away or a turn around jumpshot he could do a beautiful skyhook, oh yes i love it !! Humm lol

We would like improvment for classic air jordan it goes worst and worst.

For me 2k15 has no chance to be good when i watch 2k14 on next gen.

And graphism were fabolous on 2k11 and more beautiful than next gen.

Last edited by PJBrownHeat; 03-17-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Rudy09's Arena

OVR: 3

I still play 2K10 occasionally, it has my favorite all-time team...the 80's East.

It doesn't have Jordan, the Olympic teams or some of the championship teams the newer versions have...but I miss playing with the 50's/60's, 70's, etc teams the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

I liked the legends in 12. Had Webber and the Kings!! Not to mention the dream team !! But I think the gameplay in 11 was better. I really don't know why but the dude above me made excellent points why
Old 03-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Do you thionk the graphics are cleaner on 2k11? Something about it, I just love it. The music too is fantastic.
I still play 2K11. I agree with you. Compare to 2k12, 13, I prefer the graphics on 2K11. I think they got a right balance in that game.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

me too,I prefer the graphics on 2K11. I think they got a right balance in that game.thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »