Home

MLB 14 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 14 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS Vita)

Since the game is now available for everyone, we are starting a new thread. Please post your impressions here. A Q&A post will be created in a few, so don't post questions here.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 04-01-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Rookie

mikelecrenski's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14 The Show Impressions From the Community (PS Vita)

Having every MLB the Show on the Vita with hundreds of hours played on each one. I have to say that I am very disappointed after playing a few games against the computer.

MLB 14 seems to have taken a back seat in a bad way. I don't know if I am the only one that is feeling this way but this game has huge framerate problems that is killing defensive play that the other three didn't have. I can live with a lot of things, but the framerate is really terrible and disappointing. I doubt this can be patched and fixed and I doubt I am the only one seeing this.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

More impressions
Pitching feels extremely organic as well as the fielding, the hitting mechanics and hit types feel and are great. Catcher animations are totally different this yr. loving everything I'm seeing, can't wait for May 6th though. Thank you SCEA and OS community. San Diego Studios did it again wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

shaikio's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstrout
More impressions
Pitching feels extremely organic as well as the fielding, the hitting mechanics and hit types feel and are great. Catcher animations are totally different this yr. loving everything I'm seeing, can't wait for May 6th though. Thank you SCEA and OS community. San Diego Studios did it again wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So worth buying if to hold me over until the PS4 release?

My Teams: Detroit Tigers, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Lions, Detroit Red Wings, Michigan Wolverines, and Arsenal FC
Old 04-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

^ What camera are you using and what fielding type on defense? I'm trying to replicate what you're seeing.

As for my first few hours I'm enjoying it, the pitch counts are well done, I've had troubles at working the count in previous years, but now this does it for me. I'm still getting used to the new dynamic cameras, but they're good so far. (Just switched offensive back to broadcasting) And I always enjoy the new stances and pitching motions. Especially for my rays players All in all I have no major conplaints. It's a quality vita sports game(the only quality vita sports game) and I'm sure it will hold me over till May 6th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
Rookie

ttinker's Arena

OVR: 11

So is nobody else seeing frame rate issues that mikelecrenski is raising? If its solid for everybody else, I'll probably pick it up to tide me over until May 6.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttinker
So is nobody else seeing frame rate issues that mikelecrenski is raising? If its solid for everybody else, I'll probably pick it up to tide me over until May 6.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
I haven't experienced anything noticeable.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

I haven't experienced any framerate drops at all.. The game feels improved in a lot of subtle ways.

+ Bullpen players don't disappear and you can see pitchers warming up while in the outfield.

+ Players / coaches are now visible in the dugout 75% of the time... They still disappear once in a while.

+ The ball shrinks to accurate size after a play (which I think is a good trade off).

+ Quick counts are the best thing ever.

+ No doubter home runs have a close up alternate view which is pretty cool.

+ Batting feels much more natural- and the ball goes where you'd expect it to go based on the contact you made.

+ Ball physics seem improved.

- Chipmunk faces are still in the game... Are you kidding me guys??? Face 1 is the only acceptable face. WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THIS?? PLEASE FIRE THEM.

- The same solo home run bug is still in the game... Every solo home run is listed as 424 feet (this is unacceptable since it was in the game last year).

-Still not enough presentation... Just for giggles, I YouTubed the PSP version of the show in 2009. The commentary and presentation actually blows the 2014 version away.

Having said all that.. I really like it. I've found this version much more immersive than 2013- so it will once again, never be ejected from my Vita.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »