Home

Sorry if this is a stupid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

This is a discussion on Sorry if this is a stupid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 12:42 AM   #1
glp
Rookie

OVR: 1
Sorry if this is a stupid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

I just bought the game....and it updated for 10 minutes and (PS3)...then I checked my lineup for the Tigers and Iglasisis is still there and Dirks....(not sure what his real status is), but...Igasisis is done for the year, and Gonzales is playing. Soooooo.....I would think my lineup would reflect that....but....anyway.

I've actually restarted the PS3 once and it said a new roster was found...it uploaded it....and applied it.....but, it's still the same out dated one.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: Sorry if this is a stupid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glp
I just bought the game....and it updated for 10 minutes and (PS3)...then I checked my lineup for the Tigers and Iglasisis is still there and Dirks....(not sure what his real status is), but...Igasisis is done for the year, and Gonzales is playing. Soooooo.....I would think my lineup would reflect that....but....anyway.

I've actually restarted the PS3 once and it said a new roster was found...it uploaded it....and applied it.....but, it's still the same out dated one.
Its the default roster since march.
Any help is appreciated.
You got to wait at least the second week of may for a up to date roster It's worth the wait.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:13 AM   #3
glp
Rookie

re: Sorry if this is a stupid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

Oh .... Really!!! Why wouldn't they update the roster right now. Like....since the year just started?

Anyway, thanks man....that explains it I guess.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

SCEA's roster update comes out Monday and then every following Monday throughout the season but if you want the best rosters you wait for the community rosters here, the Operation Sports Full Minors roster. SCEA isn't legally allowed to have real minor leaguers in their updates.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:30 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by glp
Oh .... Really!!! Why wouldn't they update the roster right now. Like....since the year just started?

Anyway, thanks man....that explains it I guess.
It's nothing new, and I believe the reason they wait is to make sure the first update can include anyone who didn't start the season as a part of the players association so they can get them in the game.

Most people want the first update to include rookies who couldn't be a part of the game out of the box, seems pretty reasonable to me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #6
glp
Rookie

Re: Sorry if this is a stoopid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

Well....the minor league rosters would be great....but still, it's the real roster I'm concerned about.

Maybe I'm wrong, but once you start a season or a franchise, from that point on, aren't the updates worthless unless you delete the league your on and start a new one???

Once I start my season, it will take me all the way to Madden Football. Soooo, I'd like to start it out right. I see Gonzales is a free agent so I yeah, I can just fix it myself I guess, but still.

Call me lazy...but...hey, I can't help it if I'm lazy.....don't judge me for my laziness, I'm too lazy to argue with you about it.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Sorry if this is a stoopid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glp
Well....the minor league rosters would be great....but still, it's the real roster I'm concerned about.

Maybe I'm wrong, but once you start a season or a franchise, from that point on, aren't the updates worthless unless you delete the league your on and start a new one???

Once I start my season, it will take me all the way to Madden Football. Soooo, I'd like to start it out right. I see Gonzales is a free agent so I yeah, I can just fix it myself I guess, but still.

Call me lazy...but...hey, I can't help it if I'm lazy.....don't judge me for my laziness, I'm too lazy to argue with you about it.
I don't disagree with that and I'm not sure you even read my post since I'm not referring to minor leaguers at all.

All I'm talking about is players in the major leagues who aren't in the game at release because they weren't part of the players association. They have to play in a game before they can become a part and that doesn't always happen right away.

Just a few examples so maybe you actually understand what I'm saying this time rather than taking it defensively.

Caespedes wasn't in the game out of the box a couple years ago and couldn't be added until he was part of the PA.

Puig for last year? Ditto.

This year you could use Tanaka as an example.

They have to play a game before they can even become part of the PA, and even that doesn't happen instantaneously as soon as they play a game so I'm sure there's a bit of a delay.

Yes. I too like to start with an accurate roster ASAP, but in order for that to happen, you are going to have to wait for some players to become part of the PA. It's not the The Show's choice, it's how it works.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #8
glp
Rookie

Re: Sorry if this is a stupid question but....How do I get an updated roster 2014?

Oh....gotcha! Good explanation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »