Home

Is it just me.?? or have any of you noticed this.

This is a discussion on Is it just me.?? or have any of you noticed this. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Is it just me.?? or have any of you noticed this.

Just a couple of observations.. I have been a Show fan from it's beginning, Thousands and thousands of games through out the years. I personally think it is the greatest sports game ever.. ( If only Madden could learn from them. ) my favorite was MLB 13.. Although I love this years version, it seems to me the fielding is too fast. I mean once the infielder has the ball he just flings it.. It's almost as if it hits his glove and you don't even see an arm movement...., it's just to quick in my opinion. No slow are wind up.. I realize it's just an animation, but it just seems like it is super fast.. I also think the ball speed off of the bat is just a little too quick. I very seldom see any weak bloopers or soft line drives for base hits into the outfield.. Just pretty solid smashes. With that being said, It is still an amazing game and I just can't quit playing it. I just wondered if anyone feels this way..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is it just me.?? or have any of you noticed this.

I see a lot of weak grounders, little choppers back to the pitcher, swinging bunts that just barely go anywhere. I have also seen some really nice bloopers that just dropped right in between to fielders.

The throwing was driving me crazy for the first couple of games because I thought it was to slow. For example a had a pitcher hit it right back to my pitcher and I just lightly tried to throw it to first and it took so long that the pitcher beat the throw. I was like, what the? Also I saw guys beating my throws a couple of times because the fielder was moving to slow. I have since figured it out, but at first it was crazy.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I see a lot of weak grounders, little choppers back to the pitcher, swinging bunts that just barely go anywhere. I have also seen some really nice bloopers that just dropped right in between to fielders.

The throwing was driving me crazy for the first couple of games because I thought it was to slow. For example a had a pitcher hit it right back to my pitcher and I just lightly tried to throw it to first and it took so long that the pitcher beat the throw. I was like, what the? Also I saw guys beating my throws a couple of times because the fielder was moving to slow. I have since figured it out, but at first it was crazy.
What did you figure out? What have you been doing differently?

I have had numerous ground balls while playing defense that my fielders are taking too long to throw the ball. Grounders that should be outs, the CPU is beating out for infield singles. I use analog throwing. It is getting frustrating. Seems like the fielder is getting into a weird animation and the throw is late.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Are you preloading your throws?
Old 04-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
What did you figure out? What have you been doing differently?

I have had numerous ground balls while playing defense that my fielders are taking too long to throw the ball. Grounders that should be outs, the CPU is beating out for infield singles. I use analog throwing. It is getting frustrating. Seems like the fielder is getting into a weird animation and the throw is late.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't use analog throwing so I don't know about that, but for me I just make sure I'm throwing them a little harder. Holding the button down a little longer making it go a little bit faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Just a couple of observations.. I have been a Show fan from it's beginning, Thousands and thousands of games through out the years. I personally think it is the greatest sports game ever.. ( If only Madden could learn from them. ) my favorite was MLB 13.. Although I love this years version, it seems to me the fielding is too fast. I mean once the infielder has the ball he just flings it.. It's almost as if it hits his glove and you don't even see an arm movement...., it's just to quick in my opinion. No slow are wind up.. I realize it's just an animation, but it just seems like it is super fast.. I also think the ball speed off of the bat is just a little too quick. I very seldom see any weak bloopers or soft line drives for base hits into the outfield.. Just pretty solid smashes. With that being said, It is still an amazing game and I just can't quit playing it. I just wondered if anyone feels this way..
I am kind of seeing the opposite as far as fielding, sometimes for no apparent reason my fielders will pause before a preloaded throw which typically will result in a safe runner or a blown double play. I do, however, agree with the hit variety. I havent seen a bloop single yet, contact seems a little too easy with a lot of ripped line drives. I do see fair number of choppers though, and the commentators actually refer to them as such. I am playing with dynamic difficulty though, so perhaps thats the explanation for the hitting.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Are you preloading your throws?
I know that this is key. My timing is probably just off and will improve with play.

I may try to use the buttons as opposed to analog.

Anyone have thoughts if you have tried both?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
I know that this is key. My timing is probably just off and will improve with play.

I may try to use the buttons as opposed to analog.

Anyone have thoughts if you have tried both?
I use the buttons with no meter. Let the ratings take control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »