Home

Rain Delays?

This is a discussion on Rain Delays? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
Rain Delays?

Anybody seen any rain delays or any sort of delays either before the game or during? Just wondering because that would really be cool if they could incorporate that somehow
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rain Delays?

No that is not in the game. There is rain but no delays of any kind.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3po
Anybody seen any rain delays or any sort of delays either before the game or during? Just wondering because that would really be cool if they could incorporate that somehow
How would you incorporate it to the game? Although it would be another cool feature, I think it would get stale fast, every year someone ask for that and I don't really get it, what's the average per year that teams have rain-delays or whatever. I want to play the game not sit around and wait for the rain to stop. Sometimes I think guys just want a video game to be too realistic LoL.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
How would you incorporate it to the game? Although it would be another cool feature, I think it would get stale fast, every year someone ask for that and I don't really get it, what's the average per year that teams have rain-delays or whatever. I want to play the game not sit around and wait for the rain to stop. Sometimes I think guys just want a video game to be too realistic LoL.

Rain delays wouldn't be cool, but rain outs would. Having to play a double header, that should be in the game.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Rain delays wouldn't be cool, but rain outs would. Having to play a double header, that should be in the game.
There were rainouts in the past, right? I remember playing games while it was raining and it would suddenly stop and say the game was postponed due to rain and it would throw out stats and get rescheduled during an off day.

I really hope this isn't a memory from the dark point in my life when I owned a 360 and played 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
why would you assume you had to wait around for the rain to stop. How bout just a cut scene. And for rainouts just a message before the game that it has been cancelled. Then the next time you play a team wham a double header.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
It happens all the time IRL. Heck the Reds have had 3rain delays all ready this year.It would be simple. If the game was rained out it would just pop up when u went to play the game and say today's game has been rained out and made up as a Dh in the future.
If three was a rain delay during one of ur games it would just pop up while u are playing and say they game was just delay because of rain for say 2 hours or whatever the time would be. You wouldn't have to actually sit thru the delay. Lol It would then say because of the delay u must replace the pitcher u had in.
I believe it as all star baseball that had this in and they did it perfectly.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Wasn't it Frank Thomas Baseball back in the day that had rain delays? I know I remember a game that had them years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »