Home

How quick do you pull your QB?

This is a discussion on How quick do you pull your QB? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How quick do you pull your QB?

Just curious what everybody else does.

I was playing great with MVP Young last night in the first half and built a two score lead. Start of second half, I threw a pick - just didn't see the MLB sitting in zone. A bad play on my part but after that play everything was a struggle with Vince. He was missing badly on passes. I had a real difficult time moving the ball - had to use a heavy dose of Bo and go for it on 4th down. I ended up winning thanks primarily to my early lead. But I wasn't very happy about how it ended.

In the past, I've always been quick to pull my QBs. Or at least sub in the backup for a few plays. I know the computer has the composure ranting that will handicap great players if they aren't playing well.

What do guys think? Do you stick it out after a mistake or do pull the QB? Considering Vince is head and shoulders better than the other guys are we better just riding it out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How quick do you pull your QB?

I ran a two headed Monster with Gold Tebow and Gold Cam for different situations, as their skillsets vary just slightly, but both can run the option.

I found as the game progressed normally by about the 3rd one of them was much hotter than the other, and I'd ride it on in with that one.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

I just got MVP Vince and he's definitely a monster, but since september I've been playing only with HW Doug Flutie. If Vince struggles early, or goes blue, he's real hard to bring back to normal and I've seen my fresh Flutie play way better. If it's early in the game and I'm not trailing, I'll let Vince get back to normal, but any high pressure situation, I'll go back to Flutie...usually with great success
Old 05-14-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

I've never had a QB go blue, and I usually don't pull him either. I've never pulled LL Cam, I think I pulled CV Denard a few times (passing only situations), and I never pulled Elite Vince or HW Cam when I had them. The only QB I ever pulled more than a few times was HW Leinart, but that was mostly when the other player was getting a good pass rush and I needed gold Tebow's speed.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
Rookie

This is a little off the thread topic but I do change out QB's when I get a really big lead and the other player is not quitting. I usually have 67 Bronze Tom Brady ready to play in those circumstances and he aint too bad given all the great players around him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXion
This is a little off the thread topic but I do change out QB's when I get a really big lead and the other
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
Yep. I have played 1 game post MVP mass release. Over 300 before then. Good cards are fine, but there should be some give and take. LL Sprolls is the IMO the epitome of what made this mode great in its prime. He was very unique. He had this crazy early gear that was super rare at the time, and some insane wiggle, but he wasn't going to shrug Ray ray off... like ever.

Then the cards just got better and better, until you didn't have to make any choice. Why would you ever choose Sprolls when there are 5 backs that are quicker, faster, and stronger. And that is at every position now.

player is not quitting. I usually have 67 Bronze Tom Brady ready to play in those circumstances and he aint too bad given all the great players around him.
I do this with running backs. Play Bronze Andre Brown. Only problem is the fumbles go up.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

Continuing with the off topic hi-jack...I try everything to keep people from quitting. Late in the 4th. Punt it right back to them after a turnover even. If they gonna quit, they gonna quit it seems.

Had a game yesterday I was up 17-6 late in the 4th. Got an int, so I tried and made a long fg on first play. Next play return another int for a TD, and he quit before I could kick the extra point...

Once I punted to a guy all second half and he still quit with 1 min left in game.

Last edited by illinihitch; 05-18-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
Rookie

I've done some rather crazy stuff too. I occasionally will want to save a replay so the rest of the game becomes "keep the lead but make him think he has a shot". I find that running plays with the intent to fail (IE dropping back and waiting for the sack, etc) works best.

You have be careful. I haven't lost a game like this but did have one get real close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »