Home

A.I is messed up

This is a discussion on A.I is messed up within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9
A.I is messed up

Never had a problem with it before, i always wait till June to start playing as by that time most of the patches are out but after a few games i see no pinch hitting for the rp in a 1 run or tie game or how about in the 8th of tie game the A.I takes out like 4 position players like the game was a blow out, that is too bad because they have put out a good product and fixed a lot of whats wrong in patches, this year i'm not sure whats up, focus on the PS4 version? Just hope it gets fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 02:06 AM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Re: A.I is messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendog691
Never had a problem with it before, i always wait till June to start playing as by that time most of the patches are out but after a few games i see no pinch hitting for the rp in a 1 run or tie game or how about in the 8th of tie game the A.I takes out like 4 position players like the game was a blow out, that is too bad because they have put out a good product and fixed a lot of whats wrong in patches, this year i'm not sure whats up, focus on the PS4 version? Just hope it gets fixed.
I always wait too until all patches come out jst because I never trust those patches to not mess something up in a pre existing chise, even when they say they dont I just dont trust it. To much work and time put into a franchise just to have to start over if something were to mess up with a patch.

Game definitely needs fixed as franchise mode is a real pain to play with the way it is now, but I havent seen these issues you talk of thankfully. I see RP being pulled for PH'ers, and havent seen players pulled in late games acting like its a blowout when its not.

Thats very odd, might want to make a big report about it, although not sure it will do any good cause it seems they have washed their hands of the PS3 version and were getting the short end of the stick. The devs had always been very good in the past on being open and honest about things, and letting us knowcertain things are being looked into for a patch, but they havent been good about it this year, on the PS3 anyway. Not sure whats going on with the PS4 side of things, other than I know the franchise bigs got fixed in ther day 1 patch, that we still have to put up with on the PS3.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I have never seen a RP hit in this game unless they had no one left on the bench.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I have never seen a RP hit in this game unless they had no one left on the bench.
Same here, thanfully I have not seen it either. Nor have I seen position players being pulled in tight games. Dont think I have seen any blowouts where position player gets pulled either, but I really havent had a major blowout yet I dont think. Not saying its not a issue if someone saw it, but I just havent see it.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Same here, thanfully I have not seen it either. Nor have I seen position players being pulled in tight games. Dont think I have seen any blowouts where position player gets pulled either, but I really havent had a major blowout yet I dont think. Not saying its not a issue if someone saw it, but I just havent see it.

The only time I have seen position players come out is in a double switch and never any superstars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
The only time I have seen position players come out is in a double switch and never any superstars.
Yeah, I have seen double switches too, and like you none of them have been for a key player.

Only things I see wrong that need fixed is the whole budget, top prospects signing cheap, and position players not being subbed out during spring training games.

In game adjustments have been just like normal. They wont always pick a Lefty to bring in for a LH hitter, or they may bring up a LH hitter to face the LH pitcher, but thats the only oddities I have seen in adjustments for games. That stuff hasnt been too acurate ever in this game.

Might actually be a little better this year as far as bringing in a lefty pitcher if they have one. Dont really see them playing the matchup game in late innings like some managers do, but that is probably harder to code than we think.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 06-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the past, the AI has an issue making dumb late inning substitutions, and this year is no exception. I've seen AI replace guys like Miguel Cabrera, Jose Batista, Tulowitzki, and Texeira, with pinch runners during tied games in the 8th inning. In extra inning games, most of the star players have been replaced by the 14th inning.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aensland
In the past, the AI has an issue making dumb late inning substitutions, and this year is no exception. I've seen AI replace guys like Miguel Cabrera, Jose Batista, Tulowitzki, and Texeira, with pinch runners during tied games in the 8th inning. In extra inning games, most of the star players have been replaced by the 14th inning.
Late in games there are times when you will indeed see a PR for a star player on occassion if he is extremely slow. Granted it wont happen a lot but it does happen at times.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »