Home

Top 50 prospects question

This is a discussion on Top 50 prospects question within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12
Top 50 prospects question

I was going through the rosters today trying to find all 50 of the top 50 prospects that get the red symbol with 50 in the middle, the problem was I was only able to find about 15 players in the game with the top 50 symbol? Why aren't there actually 50? I even upped potential and ratings of some prospects to see if they would get tag with 99 potential and they didn't? Any idea why there aren't 50? And why if editing a prospect you can't get them the top 50 tag? I was trying to use Baseball America mid season top 50 prospects figuring they could all get the tag in game but nothing .
Thx for any help

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #2
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Top 50 prospects question

I have not seen a 50 anywhere. What are you talking about, a regular roster in exhibition mode?

MLB: New York Mets
NHL: New York Islanders

Johan Santana Pitches First No Hitter In Mets Franchise History - 6/1/12
New York Mets - 2015 National League Champions

"The Coli" - Nassau Coliseum (1972-2015)
Old 07-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Were they all in the minors? If they are on the MLB roster they might not be considered a prospect.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

If you are looking through the rosters in franchise mode then any player who is hot/cold/a rookie/injured/an all star will have that icon appear instead.

If not, I don't know what's up with that, but I wouldn't worry about it. It really doesn't have a huge part in the game

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 07-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan31
I have not seen a 50 anywhere. What are you talking about, a regular roster in exhibition mode?
Yes, he's talking about the red coin like icon that appears next to the top 50 prospects from the viewing rosters screen. I've seen that on certain players. I certainly haven't seen 50 of them though but then again I haven't paid close attention either.

I believe with the Hybrid rosters v2a the Cards SS prospect(his name is escaping my mind right not) has one of these top 50 prospect coins next to his name. I also believe George Springer of the Astros has one as well. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

I guess it's not important but I was just trying to do an updated roster to have the top 50 minor league players mirror real life. I go to roster edit before entering a franchise and no matter how hi ovr/pot tried 85 ovr with 99 potential and top guy on list CF from Twins never got red coin. Seems there's only 14-15 in rosters editing in main menu then go into franchise added couple more but not even the top two from twins which I made 80 ovr and both 99 potential and both were in minors on rosters.

If interested here's the article I was using if u want to update your prospects in rosters. Baseball America mid season top 50
http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...nock-buxton-1/

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Old 12-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I realize this is an old thread, but I was just wondering the same thing and found this...

For what it's worth at this point, it appears to be labelled as a top 50 prospect, the player needs to be in the minors, have 0.000 for MLB service, meaning they can't ever have been on a major league roster, and all the ones I've seen have A potential.

I'm also lucky to see 10 players with this label in a season, so it would be interesting to know the deal with the game, because there definitely aren't 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »