Home

Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club

This is a discussion on Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Number1SensFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club??

Still debating this versus EA's PGA Tour..

Last edited by Number1SensFan; 07-30-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club??

If you are dead set on these courses, TGC might not be the game for you right now. The tools aren't there to create good renditions of these courses at the moment. Down the line maybe that changes as the course creator grows.

Personally, those courses don't matter to me. Having a fun simulation where I can create my own courses or play thousands of others is more exciting.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club??

You can actually do a pretty decent job right now as far as layout since they opened the new tools.

Scenery wise, not yet anyways.

If you care about real courses over realistic gameplay, go with EA.

Some courses created are A LOT more gorgeous than most PGA courses.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club

I wasn't sure exactly how I'd feel about not having real courses in the game but after playing a handful of rounds any apprehension I had about this was completely gone.

Even in its infancy this game is worlds more fun to me than anything EA has put out to date. And the course creator... wow. I'm actually blown away. I foresee myself just getting lost in this aspect of the game. The ability to edit/play/edit/play/edit/play in real-time is just nuts.

I've also found that the auto generated courses are almost always a fantastic start to a course. Just let it generate it and start playing. If you find something that doesn't feel right or find something that you think would be cool to do to a hole, just pop out to the editor and start messing around and then pop back in and play the hole. I can easily see my created courses evolving over long periods of time gradually getting better and better until I'm satisfied that they are ready for publishing.

And then... if you have a very specific course idea in mind, just skip the auto generator and build your course from scratch.

I also agree with what was said above - many of the published courses to date look better than anything that we've seen in the EA series. And frankly, they are more fun to play because you can tailor the course to the game. Because let's be honest... some real life courses just don't play the same way on a computer as they do in real life.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Number1SensFan's Arena

Re: Possible to recreate courses like Augusta and Pebble Beach with The Golf Club

Thanks for the replies guys! I haven't bought a Tiger Woods game in a while (still playing Tiger Woods 12) and it doesn't look like ea has done any worthwhile improvements for 15. From what I've read TGC will be $35 so I might go for that instead. Sounds a lot more fun from what I'm reading here. Is the PC version the full version or a beta?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Rookie

I think that in time it will be possible - they plan to add to the creator. As it stands, upon release, real course renditions will not be to the quality you have come to expect from previous golf games due to lack of objects/custom backgrounds/surfaces etc. As they add to the creator they will be easier to create accurately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »