Home

If you want team play in Madden 15 ...

This is a discussion on If you want team play in Madden 15 ... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Banned

FanSinceWayBack's Arena

OVR: 0
If you want team play in Madden 15 ...

Just trying to see how many people in this online community wanted team play. Whats your reasoning behind liking team play?

Heres why Im into team play -
Im 27 and Im obsessed with football. Die hard Eagles fan and football season Sundays are 1 of the only rare events in life that still gets me excited like a little kid on Xmas morning. With that being said, I love Madden.. or used to. Im a competitive person and have been purchasing Madden since '96 on Super Nintendo.

Playing 1v1 alllll the time gets old and then you get to a point where your competition takes the game way too seriously and just makes it overall unenjoyable. Finding little glitches or broken AI assignments within a play. This Madden is going to essentially be just like all the others. Nerds will religiously be in practice mode trying to find ways to abuse AI. Whether it be a certain play, audible, or alignment. Team play helped mask the faults in the game. If you got a route combination thats virtually impossible to stop, because you can only control 1 guy is now voided in team play. "Ill get this and you watch that". Not only does team play help cover up flaws in the game, it also lets you play alongside friends. I mean after all this IS football... you know...the ultimate TEAM sport. If you're like "Well, if you dont like 1v1 ranked games you could play Connected Franchise or MUT". Ok thats fair, but here is the problem with Connected Franchise and MUT. In Connected Franchise, 1 of 2 things will happen. 1) The owner/commish of the league will lose or suck and then just leave. 2) Theres always going to be idiots in your league. Making trades that dont make any sense. Then once they get beat down 3 or 4 times they leave the league and nobody is going to replace them, because the previous owner made such ignorant trades. Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) is fun at first, but only at first. Once everyone starts paying actual money for packs (You'd be surprised) the MUT world gets overpopulated and watered down. Soon everyone will have legends, player of the week cards, player of the month cards, and all the other categorized cards that EA produces to entice people to spend more money. If team play was still in the game, I probably wouldnt have even played 1 game of ranked 1v1 or 1 game of MUT. I found team play THAT fun. If it wasnt clear before on why EA would take a part of the game out, it certainly is clean now. EA is all about that revenue and not much else. There is no revenue to be had from team play. If somehow you couldnt buy packs with actual money on MUT, but in team play you could spend actual money then you'd see team play getting promoted and MUT would die off.
I guess team play had to get the axe to free up more memory and game space, so EA could put tats on Colin Kap. you know making the game more "fun".

This will be the first copy of Madden I havent purchased on release in 17 years. Wow ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWWAjOa21o
^ TEAM PLAY HIGHLIGHTS ^
Tell me that doesnt look way more fun than 1v1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: If you want team play in Madden 15 ...

TL;DR buuuuuut I agree, this will be the first madden in a long time I won't be buying. Since M12 came out with ranked team play I've probably played less than 75 H2H games and a few thousand OTP games. Oh well, I'll keep running my OTP league on M25 until at least next season.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Banned

FanSinceWayBack's Arena

Team Play > All other game types inside Madden
Old 08-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: If you want team play in Madden 15 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSinceWayBack
Team Play > All other game types inside Madden
I agree and was looking to hopefully using the new cameras in this mode. this one took me by surprise as it was in last year, have they said why they removed it? any chance its added as DLC like NHL is doing? my friends only buy Madden for OTP, some sales lost there. Is there no way to play online co-op now? so many questions with what EA is doing with their sports games. I thought this was the year of co-op haha (unity/dying light/far cry/evolve/etc)...EA didn't get the E3 memo I guess
Old 08-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Only mode I've played since inception. And I have 25+ friends who feel the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Banned

FanSinceWayBack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I agree and was looking to hopefully using the new cameras in this mode. this one took me by surprise as it was in last year, have they said why they removed it? any chance its added as DLC like NHL is doing? my friends only buy Madden for OTP, some sales lost there. Is there no way to play online co-op now? so many questions with what EA is doing with their sports games. I thought this was the year of co-op haha (unity/dying light/far cry/evolve/etc)...EA didn't get the E3 memo I guess
Quote:
Only mode I've played since inception. And I have 25+ friends who feel the same way.
I have about 15 friends who are the same way. I mean MLG (Major League Gaming) and VFL ( Virtual Football League) are nothing but users who love online team play. Well MLG obviously has a lot of other games, but I mean its still a place people go to play online team play and the site sets up playoffs and all that stuff.

Im trying to gather information on how NHL users got the EA NHL branch to put team play back in the game. Is it because in comparison to Madden, NHL has a smaller market? Therefore voices are more likely to be heard? Im not sure exactly. If NHL can put a team play patch in their game upon release then why couldnt Madden if they wanted to? Do we set up some kind of petition to voice our complaints? I definitely dont wanna do without football, but I refuse to continue to support EA Madden if they just deliberately take game modes out when a considerable number of people still played and enjoyed team play.

Any ideas??
Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8

Hardly anyone played Team Play.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
Banned

FanSinceWayBack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdogg1026
Hardly anyone played Team Play.
Hardly anyone played "Madden Moments" or whatever its called and its been in the game for like 6 years or something. Plenty of people played Team Play.

Main reason why team play is fun ... It helps cover up the flaws in the game that people find and abuse. Stopping a play or route is much easier when you have a teammate or 2 that can actually see whats happening.

Watch, this forum will be littered with problems people are having.
  • Getting ran all over. Need help
  • Cant stop this blitz
  • This play is almost unstoppable need suggestions
  • Are you guys having any luck defending kickoffs?
  • My defense is getting shredded. Ive tried everything
  • Strong I zone running plays. How do you stop them?
  • Screens work too well in this game
etc etc etc .... Playing Team play voids almost every complaint, because having another user makes the game more fun. You cant hoor any one route. You can have a user dedicated to make sure they dont screen, if you see your opponents like to screen. Chemistry between you and your friend(s) plays a huge factor on offense and defense. If its cover 4 you run this route. If its cover 3 you run this route. If its man do this. Run a 15yrd in for me on this play. If you've never played competitive team play, dont knock it till you try it. Just stick to e-books and playing people who are more concerned about finding cheesy plays rather than just beating you because they are better.

Like I said...

Team Play > Every other game mode in Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »