Home

Trade Advice

This is a discussion on Trade Advice within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Trade Advice

I figure this will probably come in handy once the regular season gets going, but before that, I have a potential trade that I'm pondering.

In the league where I've already kept Rodgers and LeVeon Bell and have the 1st overall pick (the top two guys available are Matt Forte and Adrian Peterson, and it is NOT a PPR league), someone offered me LeSean McCoy (their keeper) for the first overall pick and a swap of our 7th round picks (I pick first in the 7th, he picks last, so I'd be moving all the way down to the bottom of round 7 basically to replace Forte or Peterson with LeSean McCoy.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Trade Advice

I'd take that, personally. As great as AD is, I think McCoy is going to put up ridiculous numbers in his 2nd year in Chip's system. The swap of 7th rounders hurts a bit, but at that point you'll probably be looking to fill your bench anyway; and I think it's worth it to upgrade to McCoy.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 08-25-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I wouldn't do it. Peterson has as much of a chance at finishing at the top of the list as McCoy (especially in a nonPPR). I just don't see you getting enough back to theoretically move up one or two spots in the 1st round.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I had a longer reply written out but, basically, what wwharton said. If he wants to do it straight-up or go to like an 11th-round (at the earliest) swap, then I would consider it. Of course, it all depends on what you think McCoy is going to do.

If you think McCoy is going to explode and want to do it, I can think of worse deals you could take. I'd have to be confident that he will be head-and-shoulders above those other guys though and I just don't think he will be. He may be the best player but I don't think he'll be miles ahead of Forte/AP.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #5

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Thanks for the help guys. I'm still a bit undecided on this. It's kinda ironic because I drafted McCoy last year and traded him for Forte and Roddy White (was really hoping White would turn it around, but Forte ended up outplaying McCoy for most of the rest of the season anyways), so it's kind of funny that I'm considering trading back for him now.

One of the other things I'm considering in this trade is the fact that this guy doesn't have a 3rd, 8th, 13th, or 15th round pick, and he burned his 11th round pick by keeping Josh Gordon, so by making this trade and allowing him to move up in the 7th, it could make a huge difference for him considering his lack of picks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Thanks for the help guys. I'm still a bit undecided on this. It's kinda ironic because I drafted McCoy last year and traded him for Forte and Roddy White (was really hoping White would turn it around, but Forte ended up outplaying McCoy for most of the rest of the season anyways), so it's kind of funny that I'm considering trading back for him now.

One of the other things I'm considering in this trade is the fact that this guy doesn't have a 3rd, 8th, 13th, or 15th round pick, and he burned his 11th round pick by keeping Josh Gordon, so by making this trade and allowing him to move up in the 7th, it could make a huge difference for him considering his lack of picks.
Given what you've said about his situation, I'd say that he's desperate. If you think McCoy will be better than Forte/AP, counter for a straight-up McCoy-#1 pick trade. Sounds like he needs this trade a heck of a lot more than you do. Personally, I would keep the pick.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #7

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

I ended up trading for McCoy. I move up to the #1 pick in the 10th and 12th while he moves down in the 10th but moves up to 1 in the 11th

Edit: I think he thought that it was the even rounds where I picked first, so he thought I was moving down in the 10th and 12th lol.

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-29-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #8
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

Need help with a couple of trades. 1 point PPR

Sent this trade early this morning, we discussed that it was most likely that he was going to take this.

Other person:
Brandon Marshall
Doug Martin

Me:
Pierre Garcon
DeMarco Murray
Lamar Miller

I've been trying to get rid of Garcon for the longest, but I feel that Murray is going to have a great year with the Cowboys saying that they are dedicated to the run game this year.

Then another trade came up and this one is tough for me

Other person:
Vincent Jackson
Keenan Allen
Marshawn Lynch

Me:
Dez Bryant
Shane Vereen

Do I take both trades? Take just one and leave the other alone? Any help is appreciated

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »