Home

Player confidence

This is a discussion on Player confidence within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon9 Player confidence

I have to say I am really enjoying the game. Probably easily the best Madden yet.

One thing I am not understanding though is the player confidence. I really like the idea of it but I'll give you an example that bothers me.

I am the Bengals in my CFM and Jeremy Hill fumbled twice in the first preseason game. Confidence went down 10 points. I totally get that and it seems fitting. This is really cool I'm thinking.

So the next game I get him some extra work to get him to bounce back. He scores two rushing touchdowns. What happens to his confidence?? ONE POINT. OK, well maybe its just tough to rebound.

The next game, he scores again. NO Confidence boost. He's still -9 so far. OK.

Well onto the last game. I checked his weekly goal to see if achieving that would help. The goal was combined 50 yds rushing and receiving. So what happens? He scores on a 60 yard screen pass that goes for a touchdown. He also runs for another 20 yards. And what did he get for that? NOTHING. Not a single point was added to confidence.

Am I missing something here???

I really want to like the feature but if Game Prep is the only way to raise confidence then a) that's not realistic and b) there aren't enough hours to go around in Game Prep to get everyone confident.

Would love to get thoughts and hear about other peoples experience with Confidence in their CFM. Maybe I just need to play more games to see the effects.
8 GB Kingston RAM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Rookie

penacho's Arena

Re: Player confidence

Interesting observation. Where do you go to see a player's goal? Also do coaches still have goals? Maximizing the goals has to help.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I've seen players lose confidence saying "I should have done more to help". What?

For example I had a 5th string WR get 4 catches on 4 targets for something like 47 yards. Thats pretty damn good for someone that low on the totem poll. Why is he losing a point of confidence for this? Shouldn't he be stocked he got game time and was productive!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by penacho
Interesting observation. Where do you go to see a player's goal? Also do coaches still have goals? Maximizing the goals has to help.
On the first tab/page/screen in CFM where it shows the current game, on the bottom row there is Manage/Upgrade players (can't remember exact wording). Inside that you then choose upgrade player, view progression history, view goals, etc.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I've seen players lose confidence saying "I should have done more to help". What?

For example I had a 5th string WR get 4 catches on 4 targets for something like 47 yards. Thats pretty damn good for someone that low on the totem poll. Why is he losing a point of confidence for this? Shouldn't he be stocked he got game time and was productive!

Exactly. I would love to have the devs just give some of the basic logic around what swings confidence the most and what doesn't. That would be helpful to understand I think.
8 GB Kingston RAM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Player confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
On the first tab/page/screen in CFM where it shows the current game, on the bottom row there is Manage/Upgrade players (can't remember exact wording). Inside that you then choose upgrade player, view progression history, view goals, etc.

On a side note, I wish individual player goals per game weren't so buried. Or at least make it so you can cycle between each players with L1/R1 once you get there. It's a lot of work to find out weekly goals.
8 GB Kingston RAM
Old 08-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #7
MVP

Is this new this year? I don't remember it in Madden 25.

What impact does it have? Does it impact attributes?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Is this new this year? I don't remember it in Madden 25.

What impact does it have? Does it impact attributes?
It is a new feature added this year. Game Prep replaces practice, you have so many hours a week to focus on a few player on your team. You can either focus on drills that award XP or activities that raise confidence. Every player starts at a base confidence of 50 and then it raises or lowers throughout the season based on a variety of factors. If it drops below 30 key ratings will start to decline, if it rises about 70 they will start increase. There are still some kinks in the system but it has the potential to be a very good way of reflecting player hot and cold streaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »