Home

I Am Terrible at Defense

This is a discussion on I Am Terrible at Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4
I Am Terrible at Defense

I get burnt on about every single play. Playing on All-Madden as the Texans. RB's average about 8 yards a carry. The offensive line makes a hole you could drive two semi trucks through. My DB's cannot even cover the tight ends. I miss about every tackle. Andrew Luck also just broke a 60 yard TD run and no one could catch him.

Any tips? I think I am going to start simming the defensive side of the ball during my games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Unhappy Re: I Am Terrible at Defense

Yep, I have the same problem bro.

I'm not bad defend against runs but CPU always finds a way to get big plays.

But the biggest problem for me is the passing game.

No matter what I try: zone, man-to-man,blitz, extra DB's, Voodoo ... Always have a completely free receiver. My DB's are so passive. Even activated the Ball Hawk has not worked for me, the DB is simply looking at the WR.

In my last game against the Cowboys, Tony Romo threw 200 yards in the first quarter. I'm frustrated, especially in CFM.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

Orbit Storm's Arena

Re: I Am Terrible at Defense

The CPU runs an ENORMOUS number of inside slants which is a cheese play for player / CPU alike.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Icon12 Re: I Am Terrible at Defense

Had some progress today playing some games against the Cowboys.
Romo still has a very high%, but yds / play has been decreasing and got up a few interceptions.
I enjoyed using the big dime formation, especially the 1-4-6 Okie Roll 2 or 3, can not remember exactly .One tip that worked was to put the two corners on the purple zone instead of blue.
By The Way it worked well in other formations, including a quarter with a cover 3 show two or something. first game Tony Romo threw for 260 yds and 2 tds in the second 287 yds 2 tds 2 ints. Also with these settings I got a better angle for the tackle and forced two fumbles in that area .The deep passes were not as frequent and Romo settled for short passes .Another upgrade in my game, I was able to rush the qb and 3 sacks in the game .
Still far from ideal, I still have to adapt to the new pass rush moves and find a way to decrease the underneath passes. And of course, stop to throw interceptions. were 6 in two games. Training I get there!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Believe it or not the trainer helps alot. How to pass rush adjust Dline and LB to certain off. Knowing where your def teammates will play there positions ect. I advise playing the trainer mode for about 3-4 for bout 1hr then go into practice mode and learn you off and def inside out. Which players work well in certain situations ect. And work on your moves!! Be patient also. I find alot of my errors came from not understand my team and over reacting to certain situations. Im not perfect but ive found the above helps immensely!
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've read people saying the zone and man defences are better this year but I just don't see it. I've given up some huge plays due to AI glitches, for instance, on a crossing pattern my db is playing man on the receiver, then midway through the route the db decides to leave the receiver all alone (nobody within 15 yards) and go help cover a back in the flat that is already blanketed. The qb hit the open man for a huge game. I've seen similar plays happen a few times and it's completely unacceptable, can't be explained other than an ai glitch.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I've read people saying the zone and man defences are better this year but I just don't see it. I've given up some huge plays due to AI glitches, for instance, on a crossing pattern my db is playing man on the receiver, then midway through the route the db decides to leave the receiver all alone (nobody within 15 yards) and go help cover a back in the flat that is already blanketed. The qb hit the open man for a huge game. I've seen similar plays happen a few times and it's completely unacceptable, can't be explained other than an ai glitch.
Or your DB having poor 'awareness' or 'play recognition'...
Old 09-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Or your DB having poor 'awareness' or 'play recognition'...
may be.

Playing with the 49ers and their secondary was unable many interceptions.

With the Seahawks got two interceptions in a row against Aaron Rodgers.

but the% of passes remains very high.

the pass is complete or is intercepted.

Incomplete passes or drops are rare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »