Home

Survivor: San Juan del Sur (Blood vs Water 2)

This is a discussion on Survivor: San Juan del Sur (Blood vs Water 2) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Survivor: San Juan del Sur (Blood vs Water 2)

Show premiers this Wednesday(September 24th) at 8pm. It'll be a 90 minute episode. Last season will be tough to follow since it started off with the worst tribe in Survivor history,had lots of craziness around it and a real good winner.

As I'm sure people are aware, it's Blood vs Water 2. Seems real strange for sure to have BvW2 considering the first one happened last year! At least space it out like they did Fans vs Faves. BvW1 will be real hard to top(since that season was easily in top 10 best Survivor seasons ever,possibly even top 5).

Haven't looked into any sort of information regarding the season yet. All I know is that it has the annoying twins from the amazing race(so I'm REALLY hoping they get voted out early,specifically BEFORE the jury) and former MLB pitcher John Rocker(first pro athlete on Survivor I'm not that interested in seeing on the show,especially after seeing a mini commercial for Survivor where he makes Brad Culpepper from last BvW look like a great social game player)

Last edited by Majingir; 09-17-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Survivor: San Juan del Sur (Blood vs Water 2)

I've been checking for a couple weeks to see if this thread was up yet lol. Not sure if I like doing Blood vs Water again, but hey at least the show is back. Rocker is gonna get killed
Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Never watched Survivor (only Big Brother), but as soon as I heard John Rocker is on it - definitely going to be watching it.

My Blog
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

Watched the preview show and interviews with the cast, so like I've been doing for awhile now, I'll post comments on each person and see how right/wrong I was about people as the season goes on. Based off of social media likes of their profiles, seems like Jon/Jaclyn are most popular by a wide margin to start the show. Don't know why exactly but they are. Keith/Wes are least popular.

(This doesn't spoil anything,just put it here cause it's abunch of comments on all players)

Spoiler

People I think I'll like: Dale,Drew,Alec,Jeremy,Val,Josh,Keith,Baylor
People I think I'll hate: Natalie,Nadiya,Jon,Jaclyn
Final 3 prediction: Alec,Val,Josh

Last edited by Majingir; 09-23-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

So they are using Exile Island and not Redemption island. Redemption is where you get a second chance at getting back into the game. Exile is not. From stuff I've read it looks like each reward challenge will work the same way where the loser goes to Exile along with someone from the other tribe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
So they are using Exile Island and not Redemption island. Redemption is where you get a second chance at getting back into the game. Exile is not. From stuff I've read it looks like each reward challenge will work the same way where the loser goes to Exile along with someone from the other tribe.
Ya. That's how it'll work. Each week it'll be 2 loved ones competing against each other(each week supposedly it'll be a diff pair so that everyone gets a shot at this scenario,unless there aren't enough variety of pairs left,then they'll have repeats. Or knowing Survivor,tribe switch and then a merge). Winner gets reward,loser goes to redemption with a member of the winner players tribe(who is chosen by the winner).

At exile there's 2 urns where 1 has a clue,the other is blank.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Loved the season premiere, doesn't seem to be too many knuckleheads, most people seemed to know what they were doing and the challenges were competitive. I somehow don't hate Rocker as much as I was expecting, but he has plenty of time to blow it
Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Loved the season premiere, doesn't seem to be too many knuckleheads, most people seemed to know what they were doing and the challenges were competitive. I somehow don't hate Rocker as much as I was expecting, but he has plenty of time to blow it
Seeing the preview for the season they showed with one specific comment he made, that alone is reason why I don't think he'll last. Like I said, he's making Brad Culpepper look like good social game player based off of that comment lol.

But so far season does seem to have people who are there to play. Guess that's benefit of blood vs water as well, cause people who are there just for the "vacation" and being on tv, won't be as tempted to do that if they have to bring a family member along(and they wouldn't choose a family member who is just in it for being on tv also). So people who are chosen are probably competitive to begin with,and choose a family member who is good for Survivor as well(since it's not like amazing race where you audition with your teammate,the casting for this season was done individually and eventually they decided they wanted to bring loved ones in)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »