Home

MyGm thoughts

This is a discussion on MyGm thoughts within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyGm thoughts

first I have to say that I love the mode and been staying up all night. There are somethings that I've had to learn through trial and error (after a few simmed seasons) and I thought I'd share

-training matters A LOT. Focusing on different areas really does improve your player in that area significantly. This can absolutely backfire. I put Harden into d drills the entire first season, the result, a big jump in defense but offense dipped significantly and his overall dropped by 2. You get some natural progression in everything by going with the "player type" option. It is more effective to do specific drills with younger players.

-injury rehab in the training menu works well in getting players back on the court and at 100% for minor injuries

-speaking of training. Your selections per player override your team selections. When players complain about too much or too little training, drop/raise the intensity by 2 at least for them to notice the difference.

-teams value their players HIGHLY. Attempt your trades with care.

-when drafting, the suggestion of the owner (at least for my rockets) has generally been the better player.

That's all I can think of right now... Any revelations from your time with the mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyGm thoughts

I personally prefer myleague...i like playing 29 game seasons and that option is not available for mygm...basically, myleague is similar to the association mode in previous versions...i'll probably play mygm in the future but I'll be simming most games...in myleague, i play all the games...
Old 10-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Good post bro. I started a thread about player development. This helps a lot. Do you have any suggestions for effective types of training for certain players?
Old 10-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

do you guys playing the actual game? i'd like to play this mode but really as GM, not playing the game but just the business side of the GM job like hiring/firing etc.

what sliders do you suggest? thanks.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wait so you can actually train players in-season in MyGM mode?

Why couldn't they carry that over to MyLeague?

I love getting my role players to advance in areas during a season but I can't do that in MyLeague.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

2KLeague's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm1010
Wait so you can actually train players in-season in MyGM mode?

Why couldn't they carry that over to MyLeague?

I love getting my role players to advance in areas during a season but I can't do that in MyLeague.
You can do that in MyLeague as well.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KLeague
You can do that in MyLeague as well.
Really? Where? I don't see it anywhere.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:27 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcipher80
first I have to say that I love the mode and been staying up all night. There are somethings that I've had to learn through trial and error (after a few simmed seasons) and I thought I'd share

-training matters A LOT. Focusing on different areas really does improve your player in that area significantly. This can absolutely backfire. I put Harden into d drills the entire first season, the result, a big jump in defense but offense dipped significantly and his overall dropped by 2. You get some natural progression in everything by going with the "player type" option. It is more effective to do specific drills with younger players.

-injury rehab in the training menu works well in getting players back on the court and at 100% for minor injuries

-speaking of training. Your selections per player override your team selections. When players complain about too much or too little training, drop/raise the intensity by 2 at least for them to notice the difference.

-teams value their players HIGHLY. Attempt your trades with care.

-when drafting, the suggestion of the owner (at least for my rockets) has generally been the better player.

That's all I can think of right now... Any revelations from your time with the mode?

I didn't know about the training rehab thing. Can you do that in MYLEAGUE to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »