Home

If PES had the same feature set, I'd play that over this game...

This is a discussion on If PES had the same feature set, I'd play that over this game... within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
VC H**ps W*rk*r B**

OVR: 4
If PES had the same feature set, I'd play that over this game...

I don't want to rant, but these are the things about the gameplay in FIFA that disappoint me year over year...

1) Half baked physics collision system. Human users running into your players to cause stumbles is not real soccer. The referee system is inconsistent at best, and the idiotic stooge collisions between defenders and goalies really need to be fixed. Stuff like that doesn't happen in real games.

2) Overpowering cheese header game.

3) Lob cheese. I've gotten much better at stopping it, but it really shouldn't exist.

4) Boat like responsiveness in movement.

5) Strategy that doesn't work - I drilled down to test the commands you give individual teammates, just to find that they are simple placebos. Try to tell your holding midfielder to stay back while attacking, and see if that works.

And yet, I play.... I love the community and the features in FIFA, so I deal with the quirks and frustrations.

PES is an overall better on field experience, more tactical and responsive. It's not without flaws.... But, the lack of polished modes and teams kills me. So FIFA it is for now.

The question stands, though.... what would you play, if the modes in PES matched those in FIFA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If PES had the same feature set, I'd play that over this game...

I’m a pretty active member on the FIFA OS boards. I’ve played FIFA all my life, grown up with it!

But it’s not FIFA that I don’t like it’s EA. As a company I don’t really believe they listen to their fans or have our best interests at heart. This is just my point of view, as a gamer.

The best example I can give is the Madden series. First game I bought was Madden ’09 and played until Madden 25. There’s too much wrong with the game and it gets me frustrated. Defensive lineman all of a sudden jumping up for the interception (other than Big Vince Wilfork!) rookie QB’s going 25/25 perfect passer ratings. And the fact that everybody is rated over 80!

There’s other things too, game modes etc. But I haven’t played it in a year or so, so I can’t remember all the ins and outs, it’s just what I can remember used to bother me. I did try to play M25 a few months after I stopped playing but, I just got really really bored! So what if you win? You don’t get anything it isn’t remembered. Same with FIFA, you could win all the championships and titles but next season it’s like your winnings didn’t even exist!

I have never played PES, but looking at the flow of the game and the player models, it looks nice. But then again I think FIFA looks nice too.

But with PES, maybe the grass is greener on the other side? I would like to see a fully licenced PES game though. If I were to switch it’d be for the UEFA Champions League.

Does anyone know if PES has the same sort of Career Mode as FIFA? And does it include Youth Academy? Saying that, I don’t know if I could turn my back on FIFA!
Old 12-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just hope that PES becomes better and better every year just so that FIFA will have some competition which in return will force them to improve their game.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Fifa licenses, 80% of the art assets and 4% of the game logic.

96% of the PES game logic, 20% of the art assets, and the south american and asian licensing of pes, plus pes has a much better rest of the world club section.

Perfect game would then be created.

To be honest, if pes15 xbox one and ps4 get option file import, and if a few more patches tighten up gameplay and add in more euro teams we may have the perfect game soon.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Memo to FIFA developers....NOT EVERY TEAM PLAYS THE SAME. Tired of seeing every CPU team play the same style and temp. This is next Gen. No excuses.

Sent from Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

If FIFA had real team AI, they would finish off PES. I wonder why they don't add team AI. It's bizarre.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #7
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

The problem with PES is they are not ambitious enough. For PES to really push EA out of their comfort zone and create some quality competition, they would have to get really creative with their model and take risks. They won't do this.

I've always considered myself relatively neutral in the PES vs fifa debate since I have played a good amount of both. The thing a lot of people won't admit is that both games have shortcomings that get constantly overlooked, because the companies that make them have found a safe model for them to make steady money from.

Obviously PES is at a big disadvantage not having licenses, but that shouldn't even matter. What makes me angry about Konami is the same thing that angers me about EA. Both companies make insulting attempts to fix the actual broken mechanics of their games. Both games have aspects that is wildly superior to the other, and these are the ONLY things these two companies focus on each year. They take the aspects of the game they know they are superior at producing, and focus all their energies on making it even better, because in the end they really only care about money.

Unfortunately, it will take a new developer making a new soccer game before we see any major shifts in the attitudes of either EA or Konami. In the meantime, for this year at least, I'll be playing fifa as the pros outweigh the cons by a larger margin than PES. Maybe next year will be different, but neither company has given any reason for me to believe it will be different in 2015.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #8
Rookie

netjam99's Arena

OVR: 3

Feature of PES that I liked the most was building your own stadium. I spent hours on that. I understand they dropped that feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »