Home

Can someone help a noob in universe mode?

This is a discussion on Can someone help a noob in universe mode? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Can someone help a noob in universe mode?

I grew up a wrestling fan and haven't watched since the attitude era/Monday night wars. My wife is a reality tv junkie and I've watched some total divas episodes with her. We then started watching some shows to see the people on the show. I decided to get the game so we can "play" together...anyway, I got sucked back in...watching shows, playing the game, etc. This is my first game since PS1 days. Anyway...

I'm doing a universe and I need a little help.
1. As months are going by, some of my shows will have the same competitor fight in two different matches. How can I edit the card for the evening?
2. When the "show" is over, how can I advance? I back out and go to the calendar (because I don't want to hit the next show button and go directly to it). This is no big issue for me, but after a PPV is over, I'll look at RAW and it says 1 week remaining on the rivalries (even though they end after the PPV). I click on the calendar to go to RAW and the CPU regenerates my RAW rivalries and won't let me edit them. How can I do this better so I can pick my rivalries?
3. I have about 360 "stories" unlocked, but I cannot apply some of them. For example, I have undertaker with the belt and I want to apply "what if" Cena and UT fight. I click on the rivalry, click on the competitors and then it just makes a weird noise and won't apply it. I've tried this with others too like getting CM Punk to "force" his way into a story line and getting tag teams to break up. What am I doing wrong?
4. I feel the difficulty is too easy (on standard). I can pretty much select the guy I want to play and win with. I don't want to switch something where I never win, but is there some type of slider or other setting you would recommend tweaking?
5. How can I get more variety of matches? I'm a few months in and have never seen a steel cage match. I pretty much get standard matches (which is ok because most are), a few extreme rules, and once in a while a submission match.
6. How can I shorten a tag match? It seems that I have to perform a finisher, walk to the other guy and punch him off the mat, and hope the down guy doesn't get up so I can pin him.

Thanks for your suggestions and replies. Sorry if these are no brainers. I'm on PS4 digital if that has anything to do with anything.

Last edited by cherman24; 12-20-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can someone help a noob in universe mode?

1) It's L1 (I believe R1 turns off/on the entrance and L1 is to change the match but I maybe flip flopping them)

2) Hit square to advance in the booking menu once all the matches are done. If the next show starts and "automatic rivalries" are turned on then the game will set ones up. You can still choose to delete them using the square button when in the rivalry screen. (Square is used a lot for stuff like editing the Championship rankings and more).

3) It depends on their face/heel alignment and possibly more (Like to do some story's the two wrestlers may have to be enemies/allies which can be set by editing the wrestler in the customize Universe menu)

4) Not sure about this. I would probably turn up the difficulty. If you're having issues with reversals on the higher difficulty then I believe there's a slider setting to adjust that down.

5) I wish I knew. I usually edit the matches themselves.

6) The easiest way (cheap though) is to just control the tag partner and not the person in the ring. You can just beat up the other teams partner on the outside and if your partner is doing bad you can swing in the ring and turn the tide back around. Otherwise the way you described is pretty much how I do it.

Side Tip:
If you want to unlock all the rivalries you can just sim a few years and then restart your Universe. You get to keep the unlocked Rivalries when restarting. However, everything you've created (New shows, new tag teams, etc) will get reset.

Side Note:
In reading these forums I've discovered that turning off rivalries altogether is a good option. You still end up with cut scenes for the last two or three matches of each show and it helps prevent seeing the same match over and over. Some rivalries end up being the same two people facing off in a match week after week which gets old. This is just my personal preference though.

I just restarted my Universe and I had Cena vs Orton for my Raw main event. Before the match I had a cut scene where HHH attacked Cena by the ring apron and then threw him into the ring. Then after the match I had a cut scene where Orton (Winner of match) continued to attack Cena. In my time using the Rivalry system I never saw a before and after match cut scenes with different people attacking the same person (But maybe I just haven't personally seen this happen).

Last edited by pack4life69; 12-20-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for your help. I'll def. be trying these.

One other question...I downloaded a Scott Hall and made him a partner with Nash and called them the outsiders. Whenever one fights, during the intro, they say "representing the outsiders" ...anyway, no matter which superstar fights, it sounds like they say "representing the athletes" what is that all about?
Old 12-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Thanks for your help. I'll def. be trying these.

One other question...I downloaded a Scott Hall and made him a partner with Nash and called them the outsiders. Whenever one fights, during the intro, they say "representing the outsiders" ...anyway, no matter which superstar fights, it sounds like they say "representing the athletes" what is that all about?
I think they are saying The Acolytes which for whatever reason every wrestler has defaulted too as their tag team name.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by john248
I think they are saying The Acolytes which for whatever reason every wrestler has defaulted too as their tag team name.

Negative. They're saying Outsiders; pretty sure they say every team stable. I put Shawn Michaels in nWo and they definitely say that. I put Rollins in The Authority and they say "representing the Authority."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Negative. They're saying Outsiders; pretty sure they say every team stable. I put Shawn Michaels in nWo and they definitely say that. I put Rollins in The Authority and they say "representing the Authority."
I just tested this out now...and mine is saying acolytes. I changed one team to the Outsiders and the announcers says Outsiders for the one I changed it to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »