Home

2015 FITNESS CHALLENGE

This is a discussion on 2015 FITNESS CHALLENGE within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
2015 FITNESS CHALLENGE

It's a New Year and a New You!

Here is where you can post your fitness goals, diet / eating diary and workout routines along with any tips or questions health related.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Re: 2015 FITNESS CHALLENGE

Here's a good 60 day challenge with videos for every exercise. I'm going to stack this with my P90x.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/work...ter%2012312014

Last edited by Rules; 01-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

My resolution is to gain 20!

Reverse psychology in full effect

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 01-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

2014 was a mixed bag. First half of the year I got pretty lazy, skipped or half assed to many workouts, diet wasn't great, and over the summer for the first time in my life I got to the point where I thought I had to lose some weight. Then I had a pretty good cut, got down to a weight and look I was happy with, and was ready and motivated to start a really clean bulk and do it right. Then I was sick for a bit, and also went through some stressful stuff that really zapped my appetite and I ended up unintentionally losing more weight than I should. Finished the year ok, put on a little weight during the holidays which I had room for, but now I want to get back to watching what I eat and make sure I gain weight consistently and not to fast.

Also, interested in trying out yoga but I'm still figuring out where to start and how to incorporate it into my routine
Old 01-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Also, interested in trying out yoga but I'm still figuring out where to start and how to incorporate it into my routine
DDP Yoga is fantastic. Tomorrow is my scheduled yoga day but I should do it daily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Quote:

Let me know if you have questions, I been through a 200 hour teacher training to teach ashtanga yoga. DDP is a great way to get started in the world of yoga but i recommend doing a class so a teacher can adjust you properly so your doing the poses correctly and not leading yourself to injury. Gyms often have classes as part of the membership.

The best benefit is the focus and calmness you gain on top of getting flexible and stronger. I been injured for a year so i been lazy to do my yoga practice and it has noticeably changed me so I have to get on it full time this year since my injuries are close to healing.

Also another added bonus is how many girls you meet. My friends used to make fun of me because I did yoga until they started to see the girls I was going out with.

As far as your question on when to add it, try doing it twice a week maybe the day after an intense day (probably not a leg day). Great way to calm down your muscles and yoga will help recover faster between workouts.

If your looking for a class, Deep Stretch class (this is also called in Yin Yoga), this is where you do 5 or 6 poses in an hour on the ground, focusing on legs and back. Super tough because your in a stretch for 10 minutes but you really open up all those tense muscles. A lot of people who suffer from back and leg injuries take this class.

Hatha yoga is a slower paced that goes through regular poses. This is probably recommend to go through first. Also most gyms call it beginner yoga.

If you start wanting more intense and want to sweat and really get into yoga, Vinyasa and Ashtanga is what I do. There points of it where its one movement per breath, so by 10 minutes you are sweating your balls off.

Anyway, thats a small intro PM me if you have questions.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Let me know if you have questions!
Thanks! I know my gym has yoga classes that I'll look into.

I'm definitely interested in the mental benefits as much if not more than the physical benefits. Are certain types considered better for the calmness aspect than others?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Quote:
Thanks! I know my gym has yoga classes that I'll look into.

I'm definitely interested in the mental benefits as much if not more than the physical benefits. Are certain types considered better for the calmness aspect than others?
All of them are for calmness at the end. For me as an athlete I go towards the rigorous ones like Vinyasa and Ashtanga but I started out doing Hatha or beginning classes then eventually moved to those other ones. But you can start in any of them because your teacher will pace you to whatever level you are at. The idea is not to over exert yourself and to keep doing it and your body will improve over time.

Its a crazy transformation, especially the way I handle stress and think now a days. I actually went through number of years of depression and it disappeared when I got into yoga so I recommend it to everyone.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »