Home

Opinions | Y2Y Saves...

This is a discussion on Opinions | Y2Y Saves... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Opinions | Y2Y Saves...

So I'm a bit intrigued reading through these threads at how many people say they will be scrapping their '14 franchise, so as to start a new one with updated rosters.

This is interesting--in that we (finally?) have Y2Y saves, so that we don't HAVE to restart franchises, but can continue them, with the updated title, graphics, etc. Yet, I see a lot of people wanting to start fresh, with updated rosters (myself included).

Curious to know everyone's thoughts/opinions on the Y2Y save feature.

Side Note: I think I like the idea of RTTS Y2Y saves over franchise saves--as RTTS is generally going to be more 'customized' than 'authentic'.

Anyway, curious to hear opinions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Opinions | Y2Y Saves...

Y2Y saves for my RTTS career is going to be great. Had I done a franchise last year I would have utilized it for that as well to continue my season. Seems like a lot of OSers like to mimic real life so much that having exact rosters is a necessity, so for that crowd I don't see how Y2Y saves do much for them.

Edited to remove my concern of the branded equipment because Russell chimed in and informed us there wouldn't be am issue.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 02-27-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I think Y2Y saves is a must for the RTTS crew. I personally will not use the feature. I like to start fresh each year with the updated rosters and "build" my team from there.

I sim and play so I get multiple years into the future and find myself restarting a new franchise after the all star break to see how the transactions affect the dynamic of the teams.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people that will use it to continue on with their franchise and are wholly committed to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #4
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I started a franchise, and I'm currently still in it, rebuilding the Indians. So I cannot wait for the Y2Y save, to keep it going. In the past I always felt rushed to "complete" my franchise before the new version came out, but now I can relax and just play game by game and be ready to continue it with Y2Y save.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
For me, the biggest drawback to using Y2Y saves had I had a franchise to continue into MLB 15 would be not getting the branded equipment unless you edit the players yourself which I wouldn't take the time to do (at least that's how I understand it to work). That takes one of the most high profile changes for MLB 15 out of the game.
Great point. This would indeed suck. If I was deep into the mode, I likely wouldn't restart, and would likely just edit my team's equipment (assuming you can?).

Curious, if they were to lose that license (for whatever reason), what would happen in '16 if the branded equipment was NOT in the game in a Y2Y save?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #6
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Great point. This would indeed suck. If I was deep into the mode, I likely wouldn't restart, and would likely just edit my team's equipment (assuming you can?).

Curious, if they were to lose that license (for whatever reason), what would happen in '16 if the branded equipment was NOT in the game in a Y2Y save?
You can edit the equipment. It's easy to do just time consuming.

Personally I like the feature, but I won't use it this year since I'm helping out with rosters and I'm hoping they added the missing managers and coaches from last year. Otherwise, I would use the feature this year.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 AM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

For the initial question about franchise, I'm not using Y2Y saves and it's for one reason...stat tracking. Until they implement proper stat tracking, Y2Y saves are pointless for me as, aside from a few aspects, each season essentially feels like a refresh anyway. Might as well refresh with full benefits, so to speak.

So, the earliest I would possibly use Y2Y saves in franchise mode would be for 17, I guess (continuing from 16, which will hopefully see the inclusion of deeper stat tracking). Make no mistake though, it's an awesome feature and a HUGE accomplishment if it all works right.

In fact, it's the main thing that got me interested in RTTS, as that was essentially a throw away or "time killing" mode in between franchise plays for me. Now I feel like I can get into RTTS as it's intended: a true career progression. So I will be taking advantage of it for that mode for sure.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #8
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the Y2Y saves is an awesome feature. I picked up my PS4 late and thus The Show 14 late so I only got through one franchise season so far. I wasn’t a huge fan of how I handled the offseason so I plan to start my annual pirates franchise from scratch on 15.

To keep me busy until 15, I am fantasy drafting a team, which I rarely do. This will keep it fresh and let me play in stadiums I wouldn’t see much on the pirates schedule. I probably will carry that over to 15 until I decide to start my pirates franchise. If I had a long running franchise or one where I was intrigued by the team I built over the years I would definitely carry it over. Having licensed equipment and gear on 15 also played a factor and was a big reason I am not investing into a pirates franchise to carry over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »