Home

How do you get Superstar-like PPG while simming?

This is a discussion on How do you get Superstar-like PPG while simming? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you get Superstar-like PPG while simming?

Hey OS, I'm playing with all 30 teams on NBA 2K14 with injuries on, I've been playing 2K14 for over a year and I can never seem to get anyone to put up truly Superstar like points per game.

Up until my current Association I have never seen a player even flirt with 30 PPG, 27 was as close as I'd seen. But on this one I am almost at mid season and Klay Thompson is averaging 30 PPG and Steph Curry is averaging 27 PPG.

It seems I've found success but I have no idea what I did differently, my first and only guess is that it has something to do with Minutes per game, I have them both playing 37 Minutes per game but I usually put the higher overall guys around 37 minutes and again, this never happens.

I don't see anything that would effect when messing with the coach settings.

If anyone could shed light on the subject, it would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

Re: How do you get Superstar-like PPG while simming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFranz33
This year in the NBA (as of 3/7/15)

Russell Westbrook- 27.4ppg
James Harden- 27.1ppg
LeBron James- 26.1ppg
Anthony Davis- 24.3ppg
Stephen Curry- 23.8ppg

Minutes per game will definitely have an impact on stats, but why expect a 30ppg scorer when there aren't any in real life?

Saying "there aren't any in real life" is patently false. NBA history is rife with examples, as recently as last year Durant scored 32 ppg.

LeBron and Durant both averaged ~30 back in '11, Wade in '09 averaged 30.

I think it's a decent observation. I've simmed about 100 combined years of last-gen association, I'll check my scoring history but as it stands I don't remember any player averaging 30+ either.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:34 AM   #3
Just started!

yes,LeBron and Durant both averaged ~30 back in '11, Wade in '09 averaged 30.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #4
Just started!

Curry plays 33.1 mpg. Thompson is at 32.7.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Banned

JAFranz33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyberkayos
Saying "there aren't any in real life" is patently false. NBA history is rife with examples, as recently as last year Durant scored 32 ppg.

LeBron and Durant both averaged ~30 back in '11, Wade in '09 averaged 30.

I think it's a decent observation. I've simmed about 100 combined years of last-gen association, I'll check my scoring history but as it stands I don't remember any player averaging 30+ either.
Right....I realize that, LOL. I got confused with the wording of the OP.

It's a combination of attributes, tendencies, and minutes. Even play types will have an effect. If you want a player to get more PPG, raise his touches, and lower his teammates touches. Same thing with shot tendency. It's a lot more complicated than that, but it's a start. Things like "pass out on drive" will affect it as well. Try messing around with the numbers and see what you can get.

Last edited by JAFranz33; 03-18-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFranz33
Right....I realize that, LOL. I got confused with the wording of the OP.

It's a combination of attributes, tendencies, and minutes. Even play types will have an effect. If you want a player to get more PPG, raise his touches, and lower his teammates touches. Same thing with shot tendency. It's a lot more complicated than that, but it's a start. Things like "pass out on drive" will affect it as well. Try messing around with the numbers and see what you can get.
How do you alter player touches? Is it on each players tendency screen? I'd check but I am not home right now.

For whoever is interested, Klay finished that season with 29 PPG. I think it was 29.5+ actually, so kinda 30 PPG.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #7
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder84
How do you alter player touches? Is it on each players tendency screen? I'd check but I am not home right now.

For whoever is interested, Klay finished that season with 29 PPG. I think it was 29.5+ actually, so kinda 30 PPG.
Yes it is. I think the easiest thing to do is edit shot tendencies if you just want good numbers when simming. Having many non scoring players under 50 and 40 shot tendencies and get the guy you want up to 85+ should get you decent numbers. If you want to maximize PPG you can set all teammates as 0 in shot tendency and the best scorer as 100.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

I was wondering the same thing. I've never had anybody avg over 27 ppg in association and I play a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »