Home

So I fired up TW14...

This is a discussion on So I fired up TW14... within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
So I fired up TW14...

Since getting the Golf Club on PS4, that's the ONLY golf game I've been playing. Between the thousands of courses people have created, and working on my own courses, there is literally endless content. Te Golf Club is a great golf game.

BUT, on a whim, I fired up the old Tiger Woods 14 on PS3, and... It's a great golf game in it's own right. It's held up quite well, and I find I still enjoy that very much. Even on PS3, it looks very good (those early morning Sunrises can be stunning), and the play itself is very solid. Can you imagine how awesome the PS4 version is gonna look? I can't wait.

And sure, it's got the arcadey stuff, but you don't have to use it (I turn it off) and I admit I actually like the clothes/equipment stuff. (Changes Clothes Every 3 or 4 Rounds Crew, checking in)

The course list (I bought all the DLC over the years) is very extensive, and there are some really gorgeous courses. I like the graphic style quite a bit. It really pops.

Don't really know what my point is in posting this... just sharing some thoughts I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Boss Rousseau's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So I fired up TW14...

With the lack of news about the new game, (other than the fact that Augusta is out) I am really regretting not keeping my 360 and TW14. There is just no way this game will have the features TW14 had. It may look nicer, but I'll be shocked if its as enjoyable.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I have TW13 as a digital download, so I've been playing it the same way. You can't get TW14 digitally anymore, so I was thinking about going out and picking it up if I can find it cheap.

How does it stack up to 13? Like you guys, I play on higher difficulties and without the boosts, and it is a great challenging game of golf, with lots of factors to to take into a account and that you can change. Each shot has several elements to adjust in order to do well.

Does 14 improve on anything from 13 significantly?
Old 04-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
How does it stack up to 13? Like you guys, I play on higher difficulties and without the boosts, and it is a great challenging game of golf, with lots of factors to to take into a account and that you can change. Each shot has several elements to adjust in order to do well.

Does 14 improve on anything from 13 significantly?
Simulation mode, yes.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

A few of my buddies and I are very excited for this release. We were contemplating getting the golf club but it looked too generic, aside from the course creator, so we've all been holding off for current gen EA golf and early indications seem to tell me that wasn't a bad decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
A few of my buddies and I are very excited for this release. We were contemplating getting the golf club but it looked too generic, aside from the course creator, so we've all been holding off for current gen EA golf and early indications seem to tell me that wasn't a bad decision.
I never understand this decision, for a retail price of $35 why not give TGC a try? Not to mention there was a Masters weekend discount to buy the XB1 version for a paltry $12.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:00 PM   #7
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
I never understand this decision, for a retail price of $35 why not give TGC a try? Not to mention there was a Masters weekend discount to buy the XB1 version for a paltry $12.
I can fully understand the decision, especially if he and his buds have XB1's. Pretty much the sole reason I do not play TGC much if at all anymore is because of graphic performance reasons. I simply got tired of having to try to swing up to 10 tries before I hit the ball because of FPS issues. Sure some courses are better than others but even the better ones do not have the 'next gen' look.

Yes, TGC plays a good game of golf. Can't deny that, but so does EA's on simulation mode. And dare I say maybe more so than TGC? I know I enjoyed playing the TW games more than TGC because you do not have those issues I mentioned above.

And now with EA's game also not having the load times between holes, like TGC, plus the bump up to true next gen graphics, I know I am looking forward to playing EA's game. Hopefully they'll have some more goodies they are waiting to reveal.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #8
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

I've no issues if TW16 is bare bones. I'm thoroughly enjoying my TW14 career (very early in) and would happily keep going for another year.

I play simulation only so difficulty is 6.00x and my best round so far (still on q tour) is a 78.

Loving the challenge not bring able to zoom to target, no putting grids, analog strike zone, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »