Home

Defensive plays that were in the early maddens like in 04, 05

This is a discussion on Defensive plays that were in the early maddens like in 04, 05 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6
Defensive plays that were in the early maddens like in 04, 05

Can the devs please bring back defensive plays that were in older maddens like, in one defensive play you could double the X wr another defensive playbook play you could double cover the Y wr, also you could pick double both outside WR's , and one other play you could double the slot wr, and another you could double the TE. They had these defensive plays in the older Maddens. Its alot easier to pick the those plays then to trying to do it individually. To me this would bring more balance to the game.

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive plays that were in the early maddens like in 04, 05

+1 million
Old 06-19-2015, 02:20 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

+2 million and a burrito
Old 06-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed 1000%! Such a simpler way to do this by having these plays in the playbook already! How hard would this be to implement into this next game before it go's final? Why was this taken out? Was it considered cheese? It's legit strategy. With the way this game is set up with guys like dez and CJ and the new passing game we will need to shade to their side of the field like never before IMO. It would be nice to be able to just put these as an audible to double slot and another play to double x (could flip play if I wanted to double other side), or double tight end play. The reason I say this is having the ability to see where the other teams best player lines up after breaking the huddle and let's say he lines up in the slot I just audible to double slot play easily. I'm not that good on the sticks to switch to kam, and hit 2-3 things to get what I could get in a simple play or audible. It just seems like such a simple thing and necessary to have to limit unnecessary multiple button pushes to get what you could have with just a simple play in each teams playbook.

It looks like man to man defense will be useful finally this year?! Plus as I run with Seahawks I like to play a lot of man to man even in past maddens.

So, is there enough time to get this added into game this year? It absolutely should be put back in IMO!
Old 06-20-2015, 03:30 AM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Double coverage never really worked right though. In double coverage, the players should play off each other like Safety takes high CB takes low or something. Instead what you have are two AI going for the same position because each is acting as if the other wasn't there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #6
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Double coverage never really worked right though. In double coverage, the players should play off each other like Safety takes high CB takes low or something. Instead what you have are two AI going for the same position because each is acting as if the other wasn't there.
Are you talking about from the PS2 versions or the 360 and the Xbox one and PS4?

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »