Home

Roster transfer from 2014

This is a discussion on Roster transfer from 2014 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Roster transfer from 2014

I'm sorry for asking this question again as I know it was addressed months ago but I could not find it. How do you go about transferring a roster from 14 to 15?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Roster transfer from 2014

Rosters are not directly transferable from 14 to 15. Season, Franchise & RTTS files are.

But, after a the Season / Franchise file has been transferred there is a way to export/import each player into a Roster file from the Roster Control area.

If more detail is need just ask.

We are hoping Rosters will be transferable directly from 15 to 16 and further on .......
Old 08-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
MVP

I knew it had something to do with transferring a season over from '14. I just don't know how to export the roster within the season mode?
Old 08-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
MVP

Once in the Season on 15 you go to Roster Control and export each individual player you want. Then you exit Season and go and import those players into a Roster File you are building.

That second part is basically just as if you were moving a team from one roster to another roster on 14. It requires exporting players and then importing them into the roster you are building.

Only difference here is that the transfer from 14 to 15 can only create a Season/Franchise file from which the export takes place via the Roster Control function of Season mode then the import takes place back as normal.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
Once in the Season on 15 you go to Roster Control and export each individual player you want. Then you exit Season and go and import those players into a Roster File you are building.

That second part is basically just as if you were moving a team from one roster to another roster on 14. It requires exporting players and then importing them into the roster you are building.

Only difference here is that the transfer from 14 to 15 can only create a Season/Franchise file from which the export takes place via the Roster Control function of Season mode then the import takes place back as normal.
When I load the file for franchise and go into manage roster (thats what roster control seems to be called), theres no option to export the players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #6
MVP

I have the same issue? Once in a season transferred from 14, I go into manage roster and I don't see an option to import/export players? Obviously I'm missing something here?
Old 08-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
I have the same issue? Once in a season transferred from 14, I go into manage roster and I don't see an option to import/export players? Obviously I'm missing something here?
You don't start a "regular" franchise....you have to start it with CPU ROSTER CONTROL ON....
That section which is locked with a regular franchise is then unlocked and that's where you get to export players.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #8
MVP

I'll give it a try. Thanks. This has me thinking... if I start season with CPU roster control ON, can I import created players into that season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »