Home

FBG Ratings Videography

This is a discussion on FBG Ratings Videography within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
FBG Ratings Videography

FBG Ratings is seeking a volunteer videographer/editor to produce at least one youtube video demonstrating the aspects of FBG Ratings and consequntial gameplay. If you have done online videos or have streamed on Twitch, you may be considered a good candidate. Should you be interested, you can show off your work and add it to your personal portfolio, which may include a personal recommendation. PM me if you are interested so we can discuss the details.

Thank you.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: FBG Ratings Videography

https://www.profootballfocus.com/abo...racyPercentage

In 2012, Colin Kaepernick came in only second to Joe Flacco in terms of deep accuracy. In 2013 he was rated #1. Not only that, but he has the highest accuracy percentage of any QB going back to 2007 when they started tracking it... yet you give him:

DEEP THROW ACCURACY: 54

Now, I know that you stretch out the numbers, but to compare, you give Aaron Rodgers 78 Deep throwing accuracy, but Colin Kaepernick was 6.7% better than Rodgers. Roders deserves his 92 short and 99 medium accuracy, where his overall accuracy is significantly better than Colin... who doesn't even make the top 10 list. That isn't the point. If Rodgers deserves a 78, then Colin deserves an 80. Instead, you have Colin only two points better than Tom Brady, who throws the worst deep ball in the NFL.

Also, Colin was ranked 5th on throwing on the run. you gave him a 99 rating, but there were 4 other QBs better than him. That begs the question... what does a 99 mean, when there are 4 other palyers better than you? are they all 99's, or should Colin only have a 98 or 97 rating?

I wish you better explained these.

Obviously I care about the players on my favorite team. I am not going to argue about his awareness rating ,because he makes poor decisions with the football at times, but that shouldn't impact his accuracy rating. He may throw a dumb deep ball, but it will be an accurate dumb deep ball.

P.S. I could also go on about how line backer N. Bowman #53 was rated the best coverage linebacker in the NFL when he was healthy. I don't have the link right now, but he the 49ers actually took Willis off the field in dime situations and kept Bowman in. Also, Bowman made the play to send the 49ers to the super bowl and there was an episode of "turning point" that talked about Bowman's consistently great coverage skills and how they came into play again.

P.P.S. The big problem I have had, that we have talked about before is that the video game doesn't support your ratings. Anything under a 90 rating and a player is not good at their job. Finally, from memory, Donny Moore talked about how any rating under 73 or so doesn't even have an impact on the game. There is no difference between a rating of 22 and 72 in terms of game play. The only reason to have a rating under 72 is to force you to spend XP in CCM to raise it up to a meaningful level.

Having stretched out ratings is nice in theory, but not if the game play doesn't support it. The truth is that a lot of players, such as line backers, need much higher ratings than they have in Madden to improve game lay and to get them to do their jobs correctly like a real linebacker would. Giving someone like Bowman 99 zone and 92 man coverage would result in far more accurate game play than giving him 69 zone and 57 man coverage would.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-18-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

In other news, I do have a video capture device and want to get Madden 16 when I can. I will certainly try to have a separate roster file where I can integrate (over time) your ratings. That's a lot of work.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

In 2012, Colin Kaepernick came in only second to Joe Flacco in terms of deep accuracy. In 2013 he was rated #1. Not only that, but he has the highest accuracy percentage of any QB going back to 2007 when they started tracking it... yet you give him:

Now, I know that you stretch out the numbers, but to compare, you give Aaron Rodgers 78 Deep throwing accuracy, but Colin Kaepernick was 6.7% better than Rodgers. Roders deserves his 92 short and 99 medium accuracy, where his overall accuracy is significantly better than Colin... who doesn't even make the top 10 list. That isn't the point. If Rodgers deserves a 78, then Colin deserves an 80. Instead, you have Colin only two points better than Tom Brady, who throws the worst deep ball in the NFL.

Also, Colin was ranked 5th on throwing on the run. you gave him a 99 rating, but there were 4 other QBs better than him. That begs the question... what does a 99 mean, when there are 4 other palyers better than you? are they all 99's, or should Colin only have a 98 or 97 rating?

Obviously I care about the players on my favorite team. I am not going to argue about his awareness rating ,because he makes poor decisions with the football at times, but that shouldn't impact his accuracy rating. He may throw a dumb deep ball, but it will be an accurate dumb deep ball.

P.S. I could also go on about how line backer N. Bowman #53 was rated the best coverage linebacker in the NFL when he was healthy. I don't have the link right now, but he the 49ers actually took Willis off the field in dime situations and kept Bowman in. Also, Bowman made the play to send the 49ers to the super bowl and there was an episode of "turning point" that talked about Bowman's consistently great coverage skills and how they came into play again.

P.P.S. The big problem I have had, that we have talked about before is that the video game doesn't support your ratings. Anything under a 90 rating and a player is not good at their job. Finally, from memory, Donny Moore talked about how any rating under 73 or so doesn't even have an impact on the game. There is no difference between a rating of 22 and 72 in terms of game play. The only reason to have a rating under 72 is to force you to spend XP in CCM to raise it up to a meaningful level.

Having stretched out ratings is nice in theory, but not if the game play doesn't support it. The truth is that a lot of players, such as line backers, need much higher ratings than they have in Madden to improve game lay and to get them to do their jobs correctly like a real linebacker would. Giving someone like Bowman 99 zone and 92 man coverage would result in far more accurate game play than giving him 69 zone and 57 man coverage would.
Dan doesn't rate players; he converts player grades from professional NFL scouts into Madden ratings. Not trying to hijack thread though...
Old 08-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #5
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:

I would be more than happy to address these in another thread, but this is way off topic buddy. I suggest you take advantage of email or PM to get these answered or defer to another thread.
NFL Scout

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
In other news, I do have a video capture device and want to get Madden 16 when I can. I will certainly try to have a separate roster file where I can integrate (over time) your ratings. That's a lot of work.
We are releasing official FBG Rosters on both platforms, available for download, in October. You can do your own roster if you like, but you may want to wait for the official ones to drop.
NFL Scout

Old 08-18-2015, 11:03 PM   #7
Banned

Dan brings alot of great ideas to the table with his ratings, i mean really, why would a company not have a scout/former scout on the payroll to handle player ratings?

I actually signed the petition to have Dan as the new ratings czar, however the chance EA signs off on that, i would range from slim to none.

I think best case scenario for future madden's is if ratings are handled in a way closer to fifa where there is a much larger ratings stretch, and players in the 60-70's are quiet common and useful.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Dan doesn't rate players; he converts player grades from professional NFL scouts into Madden ratings. Not trying to hijack thread though...
You really believe that? Why do professional scouts give him their ratings? Their work is their livelihood, and they are usually work under an exclusive contact for a single team. Lots of hot air in the FBG universe.

Last edited by mlb61; 08-19-2015 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »