Home

Late to the show this year, question about collections

This is a discussion on Late to the show this year, question about collections within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Late to the show this year, question about collections

Hi all, apologies for being late to the party with The Show this year.

re: collections, i have 29/30 red sox and if I sell my current orders i would have the coin for Pedroia to complete the collection.

Is my understanding correct that I can spend the 14-15-16K for Pedroia and then turn in the collection for Ted Williams and be able to sell him for 300-400-500K and be flush with coin?

I basically just worked the market to get enough coin for the collection and the current cards i have up for sale.

any downside to my above approach?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Ruffychu's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Late to the show this year, question about collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
Hi all, apologies for being late to the party with The Show this year.

re: collections, i have 29/30 red sox and if I sell my current orders i would have the coin for Pedroia to complete the collection.

Is my understanding correct that I can spend the 14-15-16K for Pedroia and then turn in the collection for Ted Williams and be able to sell him for 300-400-500K and be flush with coin?

I basically just worked the market to get enough coin for the collection and the current cards i have up for sale.

any downside to my above approach?
Thanks
Once you complete collection and claim the reward all of the cards will be locked including Ted Williams. The Ted Williams cards in market place are cards that are pulled in packs. And the price is based on how rare it is to pull the card in regular packs. What you can do if you haven't done so yet is create a player for diamond dynasty and upgrade him and then you can feed cards to him to upgrade his ratings.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
Rookie

ahh, thanks for the reply... glad i saw this before paying for a Pedroia.

Hmm, it seems this mode may be somewhat dead to me (getting here so late)? I dont see any way to get stubs to buy any of the high end players and at the same time it seems you have to either buy players or packs due to stub requirements (assuming you need to open dozens (or more) packs to expect results)?

The market grind was very time consuming to get to the point im out now (maybe 20-25K total stubs spent/owned)

Barely any time to play an actual game when grinding the market..

Am I missing something?

Any tips?
Old 09-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Can i ask one more question?

Why would anyone ever need to buy a legend from the market?

For example, Ted Williams... you can collect the card with 20-25K stubbs and a couple hrs in the market. So every single player should have that card. right?
Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Just started!

It wouldn't be cost effective to buy a legend just because you want to play with them, although you can if you somehow haven't already earned them. You would buy a legend because of the speculation aspect. You could either wait for the price to go up and sell them for more, or as I do, buy low and then sell right away and earn the difference. For example, lets say Ted Williams is selling for 499,999, but if you put in a bid and get him for 325,000, you are making over a hundred and fifty thousand. This is the easiest way to make stubs, look for big differences between buy now, and sell now. Its smaller at lower numbers, but you can make thousands a day from nothing very easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin122
It wouldn't be cost effective to buy a legend just because you want to play with them, although you can if you somehow haven't already earned them. You would buy a legend because of the speculation aspect. You could either wait for the price to go up and sell them for more, or as I do, buy low and then sell right away and earn the difference. For example, lets say Ted Williams is selling for 499,999, but if you put in a bid and get him for 325,000, you are making over a hundred and fifty thousand. This is the easiest way to make stubs, look for big differences between buy now, and sell now. Its smaller at lower numbers, but you can make thousands a day from nothing very easily.

yeah, this is what i have been doing, but the whole thing seems like a complete shill game to me.

For example. I saw ryan ludwig was going for like 9K+. I bought one for 2500 (not that there is anyway that card is worth 2500) and sold it for 7500. How can a card with virtually no value (unless im missing something?) sell for 7500 or even 2500? Its 100% complete artificial demand? isnt it?

Same goes for your speculation scenario above. How can a ted williams be worth 350K or 500K or even 50K when you can complete the collection (currently) for <30K. Is there a scenario you would need more than one Ted Williams?

Im not disagreeing with anyone... I just dont understand what im seeing the market. Especially with artificial demands.

again, im new to this, and im sure im late to the party, but the only way I can see for a card to have demand is:
1. Card desired for your lineup.
2. Card needed to complete collection.

again, am i missing something?

Last edited by hoots711; 09-08-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:49 AM   #7
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Quote:
yeah, this is what i have been doing, but the whole thing seems like a complete shill game to me.

For example. I saw ryan ludwig was going for like 9K+. I bought one for 2500 (not that there is anyway that card is worth 2500) and sold it for 7500. How can a card with virtually no value (unless im missing something?) sell for 7500 or even 2500? Its 100% complete artificial demand? isnt it?

Same goes for your speculation scenario above. How can a ted williams be worth 350K or 500K or even 50K when you can complete the collection (currently) for <30K. Is there a scenario you would need more than one Ted Williams?

Im not disagreeing with anyone... I just dont understand what im seeing the market. Especially with artificial demands.

again, im new to this, and im sure im late to the party, but the only way I can see for a card to have demand is:

The reason some random Bronze or Common cards are is because the market dictates the value of the card.

So some collections guys will go for way more then they're worth because people will buy them at a high price to compete collections and get the legends.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:

I have played this game since May and have collected all the legends, and it still boggles my mind why people pay so much for legends. People did make millions of stubs playing the challenges/glitching and were able to buy every card. but even before that most of the legends cost more to buy on the market than the collection. A few weeks back i was close to buying a Ralph Kiner at 25k but i didnt have the stubs. I did complete the collection later for about 40k, but that is the closest i came to buying a legend bc Cutch was more than 25k

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »