Home

CAN WE PLAY MYTEAM LEGENDS IN OTHER MODES!!!!

This is a discussion on CAN WE PLAY MYTEAM LEGENDS IN OTHER MODES!!!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was going threw myteam and i saw some new legends like Rik Smits, Glenn Robinson,Grant Hill and Dan Majerle to name a few and i couldnt help but wonder will they allow us to use these legends in other modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #2
Pro

Dan majerle was in last year's game.

And no, there's no way they'll let you play with those players outside of MyTeam. That's 2K's money maker and those extra players are incentives.

Any classic player without a team is exclusive to myteam. That's always how it's been.

Look at it this way.....probably none of those players would be in the game at all without Myteam. 2K has to pay extra in rights fees for every classic player they add to the game, so unless they're getting extra cash back for their efforts it just isn't a good business decision for 2K to have them.

To be fair to 2K, Billups, Yao and TMac were Myteam exclusive in 2K15 but were brought over to the main game on classic teams in 2K16, so some of the guys added to Myteam this year might be added to a classic team on 2K17 (obvious choice here is the 01 Bucks).

I love how 2K seems intent on adding every player Reggie miller and Charles Barkley ever played with....just in case either of them changes their minds.

Last edited by Kstat; 09-25-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
Rookie

kiing 360's Arena

Re: CAN WE PLAY MYTEAM LEGENDS IN OTHER MODES!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat

And no, there's no way they'll let you play with those players outside of MyTeam. That's 2K's money maker and those extra players are incentives.

Any classic player without a team is exclusive to myteam. That's always how it's been.

Look at it this way.....probably none of those players would be in the game at all without Myteam. 2K has to pay extra in rights fees for every classic player they add to the game, so unless they're getting extra cash back for their efforts it just isn't a good business decision for 2K to have them.

To be fair to 2K, Billups, Yao and TMac were Myteam exclusive in 2K15 but were brought over to the main game on classic teams in 2K16, so some of the guys added to Myteam this year might be added to a classic team on 2K17 (obvious choice here is the 01 Bucks).

I love how 2K seems intent on adding every player Reggie miller and Charles Barkley ever played with....just in case either of them changes their minds.
Not necessarily true. This year in H2H play now, once you get up to the higher levels you can then use ledgend teams.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiing 360
Not necessarily true. This year in H2H play now, once you get up to the higher levels you can then use ledgend teams.

He's isn't referring to classic teams. He's referring to the classic players on Myteam that aren't on classic rosters like grant hill, Glen robinson jr, etc.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat

Man that is terrible if thats true because i was looking and their was a bunch that i would love to run with in myleague Derrick Coleman,Shareef Abdur Rahim SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by young ferno
Man that is terrible if thats true because i was looking and their was a bunch that i would love to run with in myleague Derrick Coleman,Shareef Abdur Rahim SMH
Nobody is stopping, you, or the custom roster makers, to make your dreams come true?
Old 02-06-2016, 02:05 AM   #7
Rookie

The legends not being accessible in the free agent pool is absolutely ridiculous. Its funny because a simple patch can make this happen to. There is NO legit reason for them to not be useable for fantasy leagues in MyLeauge

Not everyone plays the cash grab which is MyTeam

Its a shame for the guys like me who are actually fans of a lot of these guys can't even enjoy them in game

Last edited by GollyImGully; 02-06-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #8
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Holy s***, you created these?!?!?! They look like cyberfaces! Roster name and platform NOW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »