Home

How long until the game is enjoyable?

This is a discussion on How long until the game is enjoyable? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 13

I keep finding myself saying 'I hate this game.' There is so much to love, but so many frustrating things. This is my first time playing on this gen, so the transition has been tough and I don't enjoy it. I'm making myself play to try to make it worth the purchase. I'm one of the ones who's frustrated at how difficult it is to find space 1 on 1. I hate the pick and roll game. Help defense seems wonky. Rotations are so strange off screens. I'm struggling with the jump shot timer thing. And all the cut scenes take forever to skip. I have a list of things I'm frustrated about, but that's not what this thread is about. I'm not great at the game. Im trying to get better but there aren't tutorials and I'm driving myself crazy. How do I make the game more enjoyable? I want to get good and keep playing, but I'm closing on the point of giving up. What do I do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0

I believe they started a complaint thread. We're having way too many complaint threads starting up over this game.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
Pro

Re: How long until the game is enjoyable?

This is not a complaint thread. I'm seriously wondering how you guys enjoy the game. Is it because I haven't played in a while? Should I start on rookie and work my way up? I come to this site for the community's help. I'm not here to complain. I'm here to find out what I can do to fix this. I don't enjoy playing right now.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
This is not a complaint thread. I'm seriously wondering how you guys enjoy the game. Is it because I haven't played in a while? Should I start on rookie and work my way up? I come to this site for the community's help. I'm not here to complain. I'm here to find out what I can do to fix this. I don't enjoy playing right now.
Seems like the difficulty is what's bothering you whereas thats typically what people like besides a few issues. You should play on a lower difficulty until you get the hang of it, shouldn't expect to be able to play on all-star/super-star right away if you dont have a good grasp of the controls.

The on-ball defense you can lower, there's a slider for that. Quite a few people have lowered it to 40 or 25 and have enjoyed it since theres much less bumping as some have complained the cpu On Ball D is too good in some scenarios. You can also reduce the contact sliders to eliminate the bumping too. The devs are aware of the problem and plan on patching the on ball D a little to reduce some of the warping.
Then there have been some complains about help/transition D which im sure will be looked into as well but overall the game is extremely enjoyable as genuine consensus. I would simply suggest lowering the difficulty until you get a good grasp of the game and tuning the sliders for on ball D in the meantime.

Also turn off the shooting meter, most people prefer it off, its weird in this game. Easier to shoot without it, just turn on the shot feedback and shoot by the feel of the players release.

Also turning up defensive awareness slider helps with the help D

Last edited by cbpo; 10-03-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

It's enjoyable right away if you play on a difficulty setting that allows you to have some success while building up your skills.

The game has been redone and difficulty setting this year do not equal the setting from last year or previous years.

I started out with my ego playing SS sim getting steamrolled. I took Da Czar's advice and dropped down to AS sim while also watching some tutorials to learn how to play better, took some more practice time in freestyle and scrimmage. . . and now I can compete. TONS of fun.

Drop the difficulty, put some learning in, you'll be good to go! As you skill up, you can try harder settings again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
It's enjoyable right away if you play on a difficulty setting that allows you to have some success while building up your skills.

The game has been redone and difficulty setting this year do not equal the setting from last year or previous years.

I started out with my ego playing SS sim getting steamrolled. I took Da Czar's advice and dropped down to AS sim while also watching some tutorials to learn how to play better, took some more practice time in freestyle and scrimmage. . . and now I can compete. TONS of fun.

Drop the difficulty, put some learning in, you'll be good to go! As you skill up, you can try harder settings again.
Thanks fellas. I guess I'll lower the skill level. One thing I think is effecting it is that I started with myplayer. He's terrible, so that probably makes it even more difficult. Maybe I'll try the GM mode. What is the difference on 'Sim'? Also, is it possible to adjust sliders or anything on myplayer?
Old 10-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #7
MVP

people get to stuck on skill setting ....man play on rookie,pro,aa,ss, yuuuu....i dont matter we want judge you its your game enjoy it in what ever way you have to......keep it of sim if you struggle at enjoyment......
Old 10-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #8
Rookie

BaseballJunkie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
people get to stuck on skill setting ....man play on rookie,pro,aa,ss, yuuuu....i dont matter we want judge you its your game enjoy it in what ever way you have to......keep it of sim if you struggle at enjoyment......

For real, dude. I had to drop to Rookie to get the hang of it. It's still very enjoyable and definitely not overly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »