Home

FIFA 16: Three Areas Superstar Mode Could Improve

This is a discussion on FIFA 16: Three Areas Superstar Mode Could Improve within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 16: Three Areas Superstar Mode Could Improve

FIFA 16's player career mode has been largely ignored over the past few years as Ultimate Team and the standard manager mode have taken up a majority of the development time. At its core, the player career mode can be a very fun and rewarding experience as you go from a youngster (the game starts off your created player as a 17-year old) to club captain and maybe even captain your country. Unfortunately, there's a lot in between that falls short of what we should be seeing in 2015. Here are three areas where the career mode could use some improvement...

Read More - FIFA 16: Three Areas Superstar Mode Could Improve
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 16: Three Areas Superstar Mode Could Improve

adding specifically to what you said as you touched on the things I've always wanted.

the customization is alway lacking, sure we get 50 boots by the end of the life cycle but it'd be nice to have that tied to your club and sponsorship. starting your career at Liverpool, you don't have a sponsorship yet so you can pick from teh teams sponsor New Balance or generic boots. get big enough that Puma and Hummel take an interest, you can sign a sponsor deal and get new boots from them, get big and Nike or Adidas will come calling and you can now get custom boots. even then, take a page from NBA2k and when you get really big Nike or Adidas will let you design your own boot from one of their templates, you can be the next Messi or CR7 with their custom boots.

I'll lump in with your AI the idea that always bugged me, I hated seeing my player's attitude as being "unknown"... whether they wanted to incorporate kinect or a headset, they'd know that me being sold from recently promoted and current Capital One Cup champion Hull City to Tottenham and getting to make 2 appearances in the fall half and then 4 appearances in the spring half of the season has me insanely furious, also that they denied my transfer request in the winter window 3 times and ruined my chance to make the USMNT roster for the upcoming World Cup has be beyond furious... but instead my form is low and my attitude is "unknown"... in reality, I should be able to voice the same displeasure that players do via email when I'm managing a team. the game can pickup my cussing and my complaints and even reflect on it in commentary or bans in the case of cussing but it can't tell that I'm beisde myself that I spent 32 games not even on the bench but inactive.

same goes for teammates, the chemstry in BAP should have an influence. if you and your teammates are all clicking they should be passing it as soon as you call for a ball, if they are pissed or you are pissed then there should be some "miscommunication" out on the field.

the AI should be drilled down to the Owner, Manager, Player level and I'd even go so far as it'd be nice to include the agent and press. how many times is a players unhappiness leaked to the press by an agent, or a player has gone to the owner/president rather than the manager. yet more underlying drama that can be infused by AI and it could be carried out on the field. Mou did it at Madrid and is currently doing it at Chelsea, his antics are causing problems on the field now.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't had a chance to dive into this mode in 16 yet, but here is my list:

Definitely make the wages mean SOMETHING. Maybe incorporate Achievements based on career earnings, trophies won, etc.

More social interaction. Choose what kind of personality you have. Do you want to create someone who is "me first" or someone who will do anything for the fans and club? Incorporate stories based off this. Example, "me first" personality is more aggressive on the pitch and trash talks players and fans. The team player choice could have stories about interactions with players off the pitch and with fans.

Rumors. Is your player good friends with another player in a different league? Make stories about you being spotted in the off season hanging out with them and rumors about you potentially moving. And you can choose whether to squash the rumors, say you'd like to play with them, or say nothing at all.

Trophy Room. Showcase all your awards and league trophies. You can see framed jerseys of yours from your past clubs and even those of other players. Make it performance and talent based where you can exchange jerseys (especially on International level) with an opposing player and you can have them framed in your trophy room. If you're just starting out, you exchange less often and with lower players. Once you reach a certain talent level and fan status, you rank up to exchanging with Neymar, etc. And you can earn Achievements based on who you've exchanged with that can unlock other "off the pitch" choices through the game.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Love the suggestions guys...keep em coming.

IMO, a trophy room is LONG overdue
Old 10-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Is there a more lifeless and limited RPF sports game than FIFA's Be a pro mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I don't think a full-on story with dialogue is necessary for FIFA's Career Mode (NBA 2K16 took it way too far IMO), but we need more than an e-mail inbox. A career is not compromised of a bunch of incremental stat boosts, but real-life decisions that carry weight and will ultimately determine your success.

One thing I enjoyed about earlier PES games is having an agent that shows up weekly and talks you through your career options. Are you unhappy with a team member? Should you ask for a raise? A transfer? A position change? What other teams are interested in you? Maybe you want to fire this guy and find a new agent? Little touches like this add a lot to the career aspect, making you feel less like an in-game character and more like a real footballer.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 AM   #7
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
This was the first FIFA I didn't purchase since FIFA 08 (all WC and Euros included). I am sick of the game being FIFA UT and not FIFA 16, 15, 14, etc. As soon as EA wants to make a game that is actually geared around the game and not a mode I do not play, I will be back on board. Until then, I will be playing 2K for my sports fix.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
This was the first FIFA I didn't purchase since FIFA 08 (all WC and Euros included). I am sick of the game being FIFA UT and not FIFA 16, 15, 14, etc. As soon as EA wants to make a game that is actually geared around the game and not a mode I do not play, I will be back on board. Until then, I will be playing 2K for my sports fix.
And you sir have chosen the wrong year to abandon the game because this is the only year since the World Cup game that EA finally improved the offline portion of the game by revamping the AI with new code.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »