Home

2K and "colours": Courts etc...

This is a discussion on 2K and "colours": Courts etc... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 07:02 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2K and "colours": Courts etc...

Just out of curiosity, is there a known reason why 2K is always "off" for colors?

I mean, their artists are obviously very good with some outstanding work to prove it...and yet they have never been able to nail court colours, jersey colours etc. There must be a legitimate reason as their artists are too good to simply "get it wrong".

Example: most courts in the game are completely wrong in terms of colour ad textures.

So, why can a modder fix it easily enough and yet 2K's artists have not been able to get most courts anywhere near realistic in years?

REAL

MODDER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
MVP

Re: 2K and "colours": Courts etc...

The Knicks And the Magics blue is off also. I don't think 2K is allowed to use the TD Garden for the Celtics that's probably why it just says Boston Celtics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
The Knicks And the Magics blue is off also. I don't think 2K is allowed to use the TD Garden for the Celtics that's probably why it just says Boston Celtics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they cannot say "TD Garden" or MSG in New York etc for licensing reasons...

I am mainly talking about the colours/textures...and, especially, the floorboards. They are way, way off with most courts. Boston looks terrible compared to what a modder was able to do with the colours.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #4
Rookie

alexbrg's Arena

Agreed, these are not small details by any means in my opinion. Sometimes this game's graphics blow my mind, but you've got to admit there's a pretty striking contrast between the incredible attention to detail in terms of player likeness etc. (plus the thousands of "little things" that are deservedly discussed and lauded in another thread) and the way some courts are represented (Celtics, Knicks, Bucks, Magic are probably the ones most in need of an overhaul).

Last edited by alexbrg; 12-12-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Yeah, they cannot say "TD Garden" or MSG in New York etc for licensing reasons...

I am mainly talking about the colours/textures...and, especially, the floorboards. They are way, way off with most courts. Boston looks terrible compared to what a modder was able to do with the colours.
Look likes a lighting issue, can u put a pic of NBA Live 16 TD Garden to see how it compares. Also I always thought had a generic approach to arenas and colors as Live has fuller colors and the lighting is top notch in the certain pics I saw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #6
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMansaMusa
Look likes a lighting issue, can u put a pic of NBA Live 16 TD Garden to see how it compares. Also I always thought had a generic approach to arenas and colors as Live has fuller colors and the lighting is top notch in the certain pics I saw.
It could also be what the NBA sent to 2k...I'm curious if it's color codes they send out or just a high res pics and 2k just uses eye dropper tool for the courts and jerseys.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Just out of curiosity does anyone have ref pics of all the incorrect floors along with accurate floors as the OP does ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Just out of curiosity does anyone have ref pics of all the incorrect floors along with accurate floors as the OP does ?
These are the two I know of its just the paint color that's off for the Knicks and 76ers should be darker. This 76ers pic is from last year only thing not shown in the pic is the ribbion things they have inside the arc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (99.0 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by d23x; 12-12-2015 at 07:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »