Home

How big of a deal is it that franchise mode only has 2 minor leagues

This is a discussion on How big of a deal is it that franchise mode only has 2 minor leagues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2016, 12:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How big of a deal is it that franchise mode only has 2 minor leagues

It is to my understanding there is only triple a and double a. How much does this ruin the immersion factor? Why can ootp have like 8 minor league levels and mlb the show only has 2? I'm not expecting a full ootp like experience on a console but it seems like after 11 years they would have atleast single a minor leagues by now. Or the option to create a full minor league system.

I'm still excited to play it and think it would be more enjoyable than ootp because of the graphics but was just wondering whats the deal with only 2 minor league levels and how does this effect your experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 12:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How big of a deal is it that franchise mode only has 2 minor leagues

Single A is there, just not playable. It can only hold 15 (assuming you have the other rosters at full 25), but that's at least something.

It does suck that no sim stats are generated like for the other levels, so I would use it either to hold guys who are low priority, or very raw kids that would likely be overmatched even in AA so they don't put up bad stats and risk declines due to performance. You can still train them in A-ball.

It's no OOTP, but probably memory or whatever (OOTP has a big advantage of having a PC to work with).

Still, though, I'm having more than plenty of fun with franchise. I mean most of the "prospects" in my A-ball in my OOTP leagues are never-will-be's so I can't say I'm missing out on this hotbed of development.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Single A is there, just not playable. It can only hold 15 (assuming you have the other rosters at full 25), but that's at least something.

It does suck that no sim stats are generated like for the other levels, so I would use it either to hold guys who are low priority, or very raw kids that would likely be overmatched even in AA so they don't put up bad stats and risk declines due to performance. You can still train them in A-ball.

It's no OOTP, but probably memory or whatever (OOTP has a big advantage of having a PC to work with).

Still, though, I'm having more than plenty of fun with franchise. I mean most of the "prospects" in my A-ball in my OOTP leagues are never-will-be's so I can't say I'm missing out on this hotbed of development.
Oh so they do have at least some form of A ball. Glad to hear that. Can't wait to play.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:52 AM   #4
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

It does suck that no sim stats are generated like for the other levels, so I would use it either to hold guys who are low priority, or very raw kids that would likely be overmatched even in AA so they don't put up bad stats and risk declines due to performance.
Unless it changed, A players still get sim stats.

It is just not on a daily basis (you have to leave them down there a while to see them generate).

But A is a bit of a stand in for the real life various levels of A and Rookie ball. I get the idea the Show developers figured there is not much viable talent spending any significant time in A or Rookie leagues, so no reason to use a lot of resources (and gamer attention) for in depth management of those levels.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:24 AM   #5
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

I dont think A-ball players generate stats. The stats that appear on the player card when a player in in single A are the stats from whatever other level they played on. So a player that has been in single A all season would have no stats, but a guy who had played some games at AA/AAA/or even MLB, but was then sent down to single A would have the stats from that level appear on the season stats section of his card. They might have changed that in 16, but im pretty sure thats the way it was in 15

Thanks Peyton. #18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 04:19 AM   #6
Rookie

bdhill78's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm waiting for the hybrid roster to start my franchise. Single A is more of a holding cell for your new drafted players or slot fillers who won't help you much. To me its not a big deal for A level teams are unplayable, the players progress and that will determine when and if they move to AA or move down to A. Franchise mode has more than enough to keep you busy, so you won't miss anything not having playable A ball.
Bundesliga: FC Schalke 04
Old 05-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I know I should know this, but I this is the first season I've been able to really dive into franchise in the last few years (kids, you know?). But, just so I'm not missing something, players that you draft will not show up in your farm system until the following year, correct?
Indiana Pacers
Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUThor40
I know I should know this, but I this is the first season I've been able to really dive into franchise in the last few years (kids, you know?). But, just so I'm not missing something, players that you draft will not show up in your farm system until the following year, correct?
Correct.

Players you draft do not show up on your roster until the offseason.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »