Home

What happened this year?

This is a discussion on What happened this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What happened this year?

I'm just writin this because I am extremely frustrated with this game. I have played The Show for multiple years and I am by no means a "noobie"... I just want to know to anyone who uses zone hitting.....HOW DO YOU HIT CONSISTENLY IN THIS GAME!!!!?!?! Theres absolutely no logic to this interface....I constantly get center green perfect tming whatever you want to call it only for it to be a Line Out/Pop Up/or a Foul Ball...its ridiculous..I know its part of some new algorithim that The Show used this year because last year it did nothing like this. So my question is this...Are we supposed to use backwards logic and try to hit the ball with the left part of the wedge?? I mean someone out here has to know something that I don't! I use PCI Wedge..and I am curious.what do you guys do with this PCI..do you try and dot the ball or just place the whole PCI on the ball? I am so confused.. Someone help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 05:07 AM   #2
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What happened this year?

Well I started using zone this year on All Star...got great results initially then after patch 1.04 happened just nothing. Couldn't hit to safe my life.

Started using directional/timing and it just flat out frustrated me and seemed random.

Went back to zone, dropped to veteran and just leave the PCI in the middle. There is bound to come a pitch over the middle of the plate sometime. Constantly get 8+ hits. As soon as I start moving the PCI around the AI celebrates as I won't get more than 4 hits a game.

If the pitcher manages to paint the corners or edges of the strikezone...well played pitcher, well played.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Went back to zone, dropped to veteran and just leave the PCI in the middle. There is bound to come a pitch over the middle of the plate sometime.
Seems like this would be even more problematic than directional. Balls in the bottom half of the zone you will be hitting down on (choppers) and balls in the top half of the zone you will be hitting up at (pop ups). Willing to give this a try though, directional is frustrating me to no end as well.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

What's your batting averages looking like?
#44Syracuse
Old 06-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm in the top 150 ranked players on diamond dynasty and I only use silver players. I hit with the same settings as you.

The key is to not sit in the middle and react (as bad hitters will tell you to do) but to treat it like a real at bat. Place the PCI where you want the pitch to be and DO NOT swing unless you get that pitch - until you have two strikes on you then just try and get a ball in play.

If I'm looking fastball up and away and for the first three innings he's painting low and away, make the adjustment and start sitting there. Think about the count - if it's 2-0 where will they be aiming? And of course lay off the low stuff.

Of course, I still hammer balls with a perfect PCI that go nowhere or right to guys but that's baseball and if I stick to my approach they will fall eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #6
Pro

I love the game and do okay, but I don't believe for a second that precision hitting does anything.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

I know what you are talking about man, I haven't been able to hit anything the last couple days. Considering putting the game down for a long while because of it. I went from being able to hit well to not being able to hit at all.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #8
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Perfect timing doesn't always mean a HR.

Perfect zone placement doesn't always mean a hit.

Perfect timing and perfect zone placement don't always mean an HR/hit.

Think about the pitch location; if you square up a ball down in the zone, you're hitting a screamer right to an IF. Remember also that baseball is a game of averages; if you're successful even 30% of the time, you're performing at an all-star level.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »