Home

Extra Life 2016

This is a discussion on Extra Life 2016 within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Extra Life 2016

Getting this started now as we're about 4 months out from the event date. We'll be gaming on November 5th, 2016!

Extra Life is a 24 hour gaming marathon with ALL proceeds going directly to the participant's hospital of choice. I play for the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).

I've personally raised and donated over $1000 in my 5 years participating in this charity event. This will be my 6th year, and just as the event as a whole has gotten bigger and better every year, I want my fundraising efforts to follow suit. I've set an ambitious goal of $500 in donations this year.

You can view and donate to my Extra Life fundraising page here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=202251

As I wrote in the description on my fundraising page, this year is extra special to me. I'm welcoming a son in to the world along with my wife in August. We're crossing our fingers that the process is flawless, but we know that's not up to us. We may be the ones spending time in Children's Miracle Network Hospitals this year. I'm invested in the success of my own Extra Life fundraising as well as the event's as a whole. Speaking of which, over 7 million dollars was raised last year, with 22 million dollars raised since the event's inception in 2008. Each year is bigger, better, and more amazing then the last. I would love to keep that trend going.

OS and its members have always gone above and beyond for both me as well as others fundraising efforts, and I can't adequately put in to words how much that means to me. Even if you guys don't donate another penny, you've done so much to help and raise the spirits of myself personally and of course the families that these donations benefit.

So thank you, a million times over! And a special shoutout to OS members ExtremeGamer, CAMPBLACKMAMBA24, and ImTellinTim for their efforts and consistent generosity over the years. We're all in this together. Now let's play some games and help heal some kids! Extra Life has a saying, #FTK or For The Kids. That's what this comes down to. The gaming is fun and I've found so much joy in the camaraderie of other Extra Lifer's across the nation, but it comes down to making sure children get the medical care and financial help they need.

I've kicked off my fundraising with a $20 donation, putting my money where my mouth is. Will you help me help others and do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 07-09-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Extra Life 2016

Will be donating another game to help raise $$ for your fund. For Extremegamer I will be donating a Brand New Xbox One to raffle off for his fund.

Good luck this year fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2016, 05:24 AM   #3
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Going to be a great year guys!

This is my 6th year and this year I have back-up. My 7 year old will be doing the marathon with me. He's seen my passion and he understands why I do it (also why I'm thankful that he's healthy).

I don't know if he's more excited to raise money for charity or be allowed to stay up 24 hours and game (which he's certain he will make the entire marathon).

Thanks for getting this thread rolling, I've been doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff with Extra Life this year and haven't been able to promote as much as I would in the past. I am back in full swing now though.

And I don't know what to say CAMPBLACKMAMBA24, that is amazing and I can't wait to get that rolling. Last year I raised well over $3,000 thanks to awesome people like yourself. Thank you.

Here's my page and my son's page.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=196073

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=196943

Like above, thanks again to everyone at OS, you've always been the biggest fans and supporters of this. I will cross the $10,000 lifetime donated milestone this year and that just excites me to no end. I visit the hospital often and have seen what's come of not just my money, but all the money raised from Extra Life. I got really emotional last year when the marathon ended. Very choked up and lost it a little because of things going on with friends who have a kid that is there and seeing this money affect them directly made me realize how much something so small as EL means to people. We're not just doing this to have an excuse to game for 24 hours straight (okay, maybe a little) but it truly is changing a life. Even $1 from someone goes to funds that add up over time. Lives change, kids benefit.

I rambled on, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you to anyone who's ever read, shared, donated or just given good thoughts about Extra Life, you guys are the real heroes here.

Scott

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Got my shirt today!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #5
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Extra Life 2016

Extra Life is approaching quickly! Game day is 11/5/2016.

We've got a couple of participants here on OS, so all you guys feel free to post your fundraising page links. You can find me at: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=202251

CAMPBLACKMAMBA has graciously offered a game/download code as a prize for anyone who donates $10 or more to my efforts. Simply donate, and I'll add your name to a random raffle to be pulled shortly after game day and get in contact with you through PM should you be the winner. The game hasn't been determined yet, so keep an eye on my page and/or this thread for those details when available.

I know ExtremeGamer is hugely involved in Extra Life and typically offers prizes for donations as well. Not that you need the extra motivation, but it's a cool perk to this whole thing. Giving begets giving.

Even if it's just a couple bucks, any donation is gratefully accepted. I certainly don't make too much money (enough to get by and do some things), but I've always felt a strong urge to help whenever and however I can. It just takes a few minutes, and it means so much. It's so worth it.

Thanks OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm starting late this year as life seemed to have gotten in the way. Since Extra Life is on the day after my anniversary I'm moving it until later in November. I haven't set a date yet as I'll have to look at my work schedule.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=224097
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Well, I will be raffling off a PS4 Slim during Extra Life. More details soon on how to enter. This is a big one folks!

Thanks to Flight (CampBlackMamba) for the awesome donation!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #8
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Ill donate 10 bucks on payday

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096