Home

Any updates coming? (Player faces)

This is a discussion on Any updates coming? (Player faces) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any updates coming? (Player faces)

I just bought The Show after not having played a baseball game since MLB 2k6, so I won't get into all the frustration I've experienced trying to just learn how to play the damn thing. All around good game though... one of the few minor gripes I've got however is that there seems to be atleast a few players in each organization either missing or possessing subpar scans... correct me if I'm wrong but the list of such players includes the most electrifying guy in baseball.

My point is, because I'm unfamiliar with the series I have to ask, will there be an update to correct this? It is kind of frustrating playing through my franchise save against the likes of Altuve, Bautista, Trout, CarGo, etc. seeing as they don't look very much like themselves. Of course, the number of "good" scans exceeds the below average renders but its something that can and should be corrected .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: Any updates coming? (Player faces)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
I just bought The Show after not having played a baseball game since MLB 2k6, so I won't get into all the frustration I've experienced trying to just learn how to play the damn thing. All around good game though... one of the few minor gripes I've got however is that there seems to be atleast a few players in each organization either missing or possessing subpar scans... correct me if I'm wrong but the list of such players includes the most electrifying guy in baseball.

My point is, because I'm unfamiliar with the series I have to ask, will there be an update to correct this? It is kind of frustrating playing through my franchise save against the likes of Altuve, Bautista, Trout, CarGo, etc. seeing as they don't look very much like themselves. Of course, the number of "good" scans exceeds the below average renders but its something that can and should be corrected .

I have no clue if it'll be updated honestly as it's never happened before to my knowledge.

But I agree 1000% on Trout. He looks awful in this game to be arguably one of the greatest playing right now.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
Rookie

RedSox_Juliox's Arena

Sadly San Diego Studios have been mailing it in since this generation's start. How in the world a guy like Trout could look like he looks in game?
Old 08-25-2016, 07:20 PM   #4
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox_Juliox
Sadly San Diego Studios have been mailing it in since this generation's start. How in the world a guy like Trout could look like he looks in game?
Or our very own Blake Swihart? There's a faint resemblance with Trout's face scan but Swihart's looks nothing like him at all
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 08-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #5
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

It is extremely unlikely that these faces will ever get fixed in an update, so you'll have to wait until next year. And even then, there is always a possibility that they still won't be updated for the next game.

I could be wrong, but when Bryce Harper was a rookie, the didn't have him in the default roster on the disc (like usual for rookies). I think I remember when they released the first roster update with him in it, enough people mentioned that SCEA's face that they gave Harper was really bad, so they used some person's CAP Harper that was uploaded to the vault in the next roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »