Home

CFM Head coach signing issue?

This is a discussion on CFM Head coach signing issue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 04:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
CFM Head coach signing issue?

Finished my first year with the Rams going 10-6 and making the playoffs. Somehow Jeff Fisher left me with no warning, I find out and try to hire another coach but only to find out my team hired this nobody by themselves. Considering that I'm the owner I find this completely unacceptable. I can't even fire the guy and hire another one. So I'm stuck with this guy for the 3 year deal they gave him.......Anyone else having this frustrating issue?
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 04:43 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Head coach signing issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
Finished my first year with the Rams going 10-6 and making the playoffs. Somehow Jeff Fisher left me with no warning, I find out and try to hire another coach but only to find out my team hired this nobody by themselves. Considering that I'm the owner I find this completely unacceptable. I can't even fire the guy and hire another one. So I'm stuck with this guy for the 3 year deal they gave him.......Anyone else having this frustrating issue?
If you are the owner you can still fire any staff members at any point, go to the Staff screen, press triangle(Y) for staff changes and square(X) to fire any particular staff member. The good (bad for immersion) thing about staff changes any other time other than the postseason is that that automatically accept with no negotiation.

What probably happened was that Jeff Fisher retired from your team if you didn't fire him and then you didn't realise and simmed through the postseason without hiring a new coach therefore the CPU did it for you so you wouldn't miss your window...

The bad thing here, if you are a created owner, you can change the player archetype scheme to fit a CPU generated coach scheme. If you are the real owner you can't change the player scheme so Jeff Fishers will be locked in when hiring CPU generated coaches until you hire a real life coach to override JF scheme with their own.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Head coach signing issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude

The bad thing here, if you are a created owner, you can change the player archetype scheme to fit a CPU generated coach scheme. If you are the real owner you can't change the player scheme so Jeff Fishers will be locked in when hiring CPU generated coaches until you hire a real life coach to override JF scheme with their own.

(Casually Freaking out over here)

To be clear...

When you say change the player archetype, do you mean coach scheme/style preferences for individual positions?

If I use an existing owner this player type is locked indefinitely? (Unless I hire another real life coach)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »