Home

Toughest Teams To Rebuilds (2016 Roster)

This is a discussion on Toughest Teams To Rebuilds (2016 Roster) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #1
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Toughest Teams To Rebuilds (2016 Roster)

Hey guys, with the 2016 roster now out I am looking for a team to use in my offline dynasty. I am interested in taking on a team that will be a tough challenge to rebuild. What do you guys view as the toughest programs to rebuild?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Toughest Teams To Rebuilds (2016 Roster)

Any roster that includes UAB will basically give you a team full of walk-ons. Being in Alabama is nice for recruiting, but you're still dealing with a ~50 overall team for the first few years.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Billylunchmeat's Arena

Defiantly a good challenge
Old 09-09-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would certainly agree with UAB being a real challenge, but after 1-2 years of recruiting 2 & 3 star caliber players you will be able to compete pretty easily in their conference (or if independent might be a little harder if you schedule tough games).

KU would be my suggestion as both a fan (yes I root for them even in fball) and a challenge. They should be a 1* prestige, they are one of the lowest rated teams outside of UAB and play in a very tough Big 12 conference as Texas schools and OU always turn out to be very good with all the 5* players in the state. If you also give yourself good house rules for recruiting (Ex. 3* & lower players, no recruits farther than x # of miles away, and etc.) it can really make it rewarding to become a powerhouse in this conference.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
I would certainly agree with UAB being a real challenge, but after 1-2 years of recruiting 2 & 3 star caliber players you will be able to compete pretty easily in their conference (or if independent might be a little harder if you schedule tough games).

KU would be my suggestion as both a fan (yes I root for them even in fball) and a challenge. They should be a 1* prestige, they are one of the lowest rated teams outside of UAB and play in a very tough Big 12 conference as Texas schools and OU always turn out to be very good with all the 5* players in the state. If you also give yourself good house rules for recruiting (Ex. 3* & lower players, no recruits farther than x # of miles away, and etc.) it can really make it rewarding to become a powerhouse in this conference.
Yeah, I ended up moving to Iowa State in an old dynasty of mine and gave myself a rule of recruiting 3-stars or less and all had to be within 300 miles, which limited me to basically 3-5 states (can't remember the exact total) and it proved to be quite difficult. but one of my favorites. Also, Kansas hired a new coach when I got hired at ISU and we both kind of built programs up together, which was a fun rivalry.

Point is, KU would be just as fun, I think. Though, I hate the look of their stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

In all honesty, no team is much of a challenge to rebuild. The recruiting is just far too easy unless you set restrictions.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
Rookie

JDRAKE349's Arena

Don't forget you can move your conferences around. That's one thing you can do to make those early seasons even harder. Too easy to build UMass in the MAC? Move 'em to the ACC. UAB in the SEC would be the ultimate challenge haha.

You can even do this with "better" teams in small conferences. Put Houston in the Big 12, things like that. Personally, I love USF's uniform options and that they play at Raymond James -- you could easily move them into the ACC or SEC to make life more difficult. Schedule FSU/Miami/UF every year to battle for the Kings of FL.

Moving up a conference will boost your recruiting a hair, but if you're using house rules anyway, the difference should be negligible.
Portland Trailblazers
UMaine Black Bears (Alma Mater)
Old 10-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
In all honesty, no team is much of a challenge to rebuild. The recruiting is just far too easy unless you set restrictions.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
I've never messed with it, but you can change the recruiting difficulty. Its set to Varsity as a default. I'm not sure how much harder it is on heisman.

You're right though. Any rebuild is fairly easy unless you impose your own restrictions. I started making my own restrictions to make it realistic. San Jose State landing 4* and 5* guys is a big leap from reality.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »