Home

NBA Players Equivalent to Archetypes

This is a discussion on NBA Players Equivalent to Archetypes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA Players Equivalent to Archetypes

Thought Id give this a shot but judging by the archetypes what player EXACTLY follows the mold of the archetypes?

Make it simpler the boosts from the vitals such as wingspan and weight are a difference but not THAT major.

So here it goes what player exactly fits the archetype?

Playmaker PG - Deron Williams (early Nets)

I didnt go with chris paul, conley, teague etc because they have better defense and get more steals than the ratings provided. The default open shot three rating for this build is in the mid 70s. Deron wasn't the most athletic guy, or a completely elite scorer consistently. Deron does provide elite passing and snapped peoples ankles consistently I'd say this is more of Deron when he first arrived in Brooklyn.

Lockdown Defender SG - Tony Allen

This one is obvious an elite defender that cannot shoot.

Stretch Big PF - Mirza Teletovic
One of the most underrated shooters in the league. Excelled in the pick n' pop game last season in Phoenix. Stretch Big build in this game has below average rebounding and athleticism. Mirza is perfect description for this position.

Sharpshooter - Danny Green(Not from Last Season but the 2014 Finals)

I gave him the nod over Korver/Redick because he plays better defense than him. The defense cap here is 14 or 15? Which is very slightly above average. I personally think Danny Green is overrated as a defender. He is more of a good defender because of Pop's scheme and his lanky arms are effective. He isn't the most athletic guy. is Can hit any wide open shot. Great at knocking down shots off screens or off a catch n' shoot. But can't finish at the rim that well or shoot of the dribble.

Lockdown Defender C - Dikembe Mutombo(Maybe Theo Ratliff lol)

Tough one here. Dikembe wasn't as agile as Big Ben but its arguable that he was a better shotblocker than him. If it was possible to recreate Ben Wallace as a build his rebounding should be maxed out. Both known for defense and not the greatest offensive players.

Glass Cleaner C - Andre Drummond

I think Drummond is more dominants a rebounder than a defender. Good at finishing at the rim and very athletic. Very Strong but not that agile

Post Scorer - C Al Jefferson/PF Elton Brand(Clippers)

Both were great with their back to the basket. Were above average in rebounding and defense. Mid Range goes down here and there.

Its late over here. But thought this thread would be interesting to discuss. I will update later with responses from you guys on what I deem fits.(If I disagree, Ill definitely explain why.)

Stay on Topic.

Stay away from barking at each other like "why one build is better blah blah" or "I'm going to destroy your build in ProAm/Park". Its easy to get off-topic when talking about this.

Prevent responses such as, "Steph Curry is a Sharpshooter PG" Curry has elite handles and can shoot off the dribble. Superstars shouldn't be mentioned here.

2k hating. Hating that 2k should of improved this build or they need to patch x build.

Also I think this will be easier to explain/give advice to players unfamiliar with MyCareer and creating a player. Remember guys try to be exact! 25 capped usually means 94 rating in a category. If 2k uses the hall of fame scale(Historic Players are welcomed!) as guideline to ratings that means they are the best of the best!

Last edited by nyccc; 09-12-2016 at 03:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #2
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Players Equivalent to Archetypes

With the archetypes given in 2k17, where do you believe Draymond Green would fit? I play a similar game to him and would like to create a player that's similar. I chose stretch big, but I think that was a mistake.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 09-12-2016, 02:38 AM   #3
Pro

basketballer0385's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
With the archetypes given in 2k17, where do you believe Draymond Green would fit? I play a similar game to him and would like to create a player that's similar. I chose stretch big, but I think that was a mistake.
My opinion I'd make him a lock down defender he can guard 1-4 just my opinion like I said

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.twitch.tv/baller0385
Old 09-12-2016, 02:41 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
They don't have a Draymond equivalent. Only way to get close to him is to pick Stretch big, athletic finisher or lockdown defender and make him 6'7 to maximize speed & agility.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:43 AM   #5
Pro

basketballer0385's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
They don't have a Draymond equivalent. Only way to get close to him is to pick Stretch big, athletic finisher or lockdown defender and make him 6'7 to maximize speed & agility.
I'd say they don't have superstar archetypes, you don't have a steph curry type, draymond green, LeBron James, or a Kevin Durant type in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.twitch.tv/baller0385
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:43 AM   #6
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Slasher SG - Tyler Johnson
Tyler is super athletic and is known for his dunking.
Lockdown Defender SF - Justice Winslow
Great defender with an offense that needs to be developed.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 09-12-2016, 02:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Draymond Green I don't believe is possible.

His versatility is great.

He can't be the following-

Lockdown Defender (SF) because he can knock down threes and is a good playmaker at his position. He also isn't fast enough to be in this category. He's strong but not that strongest guy in the league or his position.

Point Forward (SF) - He isn't that great at handling the ball. You don't see him snapping peoples ankles and his defense is better than what is given for a Point Forward.

Tough one here. This is why 2k implemented this system. To make a tough decision on players and make players play as a cohesive team balancing each other out. 2k15/2k16 was all about hero ball. This system eliminates it.

It also really depends on your stick skills.

Last year I made an outside Center with 0 playmaking but I was still crossing kids from baseline to baseline because I knew when they would get steal happy and try to rip the ball the second I had it but I timed it perfectly most of the time and the missed the swipe. I had 0 inside scoring but high athlteticism. But through my midrange hitting and spacing of my team. I would blow by centers with no help at the rim because everyone else was a knockdown shooter. We ran corner offense with two bigs on the elbows. I got assists by timing my passes in the halfcourt to backdoor cutters or people open from helping on the pick n' pop

Last edited by nyccc; 09-12-2016 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Slasher SG - Tyler Johnson
Tyler is super athletic and is known for his dunking.
Lockdown Defender SF - Justice Winslow
Great defender with an offense that needs to be developed.
Not sure about Tyler Johnson but I haven't seen him play that much. I like the Winslow comparison definitely putting him in consideration in the first post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »